Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Is the Thunderbolts an Avengers Black Ops Squad or is Ross moonlighting?

Hell, now that Madman has boots on the ground, a freaking metamorph, this could be a really complicated sting where Madman is playing both sides.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ross is moonlighting. They're a black ops squad, but not sanctioned, that is if we can trust the good General.

3. Guy Gardener

He can't trust his troops. What he says to them is... Elektra is the most trustworthy, but she's also probably the only one getting paid.

A million dollars a day to pay for Elektra, or 10 million per target, meanwhile Ross is paying Frank and Wade with beef jerky and a dry cot.

4. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thunderbolts #3 was awful. i did like the previous issues so i'm not gonna drop it just yet. Thor God of Thunder continues to be a great book.

5. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed Cable and X-Force now that Hopeless has finally revealed Cable's plan.

So, is Peter's memories going to cockblock Ock when it comes to Mary Jane?

6. Admiral_Young

Fans can only hope :)

7. Guy Gardener

Peter is "dead" ...This could be his last dance with Mary-Jane, even if it is a devils threesome with Otto. Didn't it really seem like "swinging" with Harry and Pete playing musical girlfriends with Gwen and Mj in the 70s? If Peter really wanted to "win" this, he'd try to some how void any antipregnancy measures and see how the Doctor tries to be EVIL while night nursing and walking the kid to kindergarten and back.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Punisher: Nightmare #2 - wasn't quite as great as I thought the set-up was in issue #1 but I'm staying with it. The split personality of Niman whose bloody side he calls Johnny Nightmare looks to have taken over. My first impression is this is like Rose/Thorn where you have a peaceful side and an aggressive side. Now that Niman's family is dead the "Nightmare" has taken over under Frank's guidance. Niman/Nightmare also seems to have some type of healing factor. The issue spotlighted some "treatments" he was instructed to undergo while in the army.

Punisher War Zone #3 - being that Thor was now the one after Frank the issue went about as expected. The exception was the bit of philosophical approach Thor took with him. Never taken Thor as the reverse psychology type. I'm behind on Thor so maybe that's my fault for being behind. He's a bruiser mostly. Still, it was a great read and sets up what seems to be Cap's ploy for this chase. Finding out just who the man is deep down. Thor reports back to him that Castle is a man of honor if nothing else. Cap says "good, I was hoping for that" while
    holding a paper showing Rachel has been convicted.

I did read the first two Thunderbolts out of morose curiosity and wasn't greatly impressed. I'm not a fan of that wooden art for starters. The pacing is bad, what we got on page 3 of issue #2 should've been somewhere in issue #1. Decompression at it's worst. I see mixed feedback here. I'll pop in at CBR's forums later and see what the vibe there is. If next week is slow maybe I pick it up.

9. Guy Gardener

I finally polished off the Defenders last night.

:)

Norrid Rad and Betty Banner.

What an unusual love connection.

I wouldn't mind seeing that "continue".

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^I agree. I really enjoyed Defenders and wish that Fraction could have told his entire story without having to wrap it up as quickly as he did.

11. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Thor: God of Thunder is rocking my world with every issue. I am loving the hell out of this book, which surprises me, as Thor has never really been near the top of my list of favorite heroes. This is the gem of Marvel NOW, by far. I was already digging the three different eras, but now that we have time travelling Thor, I'm super excited. The artwork on this book is never less than breathtaking, either.

12. Admiral_Young

It has been really good, I think the "gem" of Marvel Now for me though has been Mark Waid's Indestructible Hulk. It's my favourite of the group (even more than Avengers, New Avengers, etc).

13. Guy Gardener

Do you like Betty Radd, Betty Banner-Radd or Better Radd-banner best?

She married that latino guy in the loud shirt once upon a time too... Wait? Flng or marriage? She was only using him to piss Bruce off... Brave girl, but then she had sex with the grey hulk so brave is relative... And she married Glenn Talbot but I think that's just because of guilt form daddy.

Betty Ross-Radd? Or Betty Radd-Ross?

14. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Betty Ross-Talbot-Banner-Radd.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Next week's previews courtesy of CBR...

At the very least, I'll be picking up All-New X-Men 6, Daredevil 22, Indestructible Hulk 3 and New Avengers 2.

I am actually considering picking up Savage Wolverine #1. I really am sick of Wolverine, but I used to like him and am thinking that I might enjoy a Wolverine book that is separated from the current politics of the X-books. Also, I like Amadeus Cho, and feel that the two characters might have chemistry similar to what Cho had with Hercules.

16. Admiral_Young

-Avenging Spider-Man #16 (Superior Spider-Man teams up with the Jean Grey School)
    -Captain America #3
    -Captain Marvel #9
    -Daredevil #22 (second part of the Superior/Daredevil crossover)
    -Indestructible Hulk #3 (Hulk's first mission of a an Agent of Shield)
    -Ultimate Comics Iron Man #4

No interest in the Frank Cho "Savage Wolverine".

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  17. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All-New X-Men - Can't believe I'm digging a Bendis Marvel book this much.
    Indestructible Hulk - The gem of MarvelNow.
    Captain America - So-so, but better than anything that's been done with Cap since about half way through the Bucky America story.

Marvel can keep Savage Wolverine. But I might check out the forthcoming Paul Cornell/Alan Davis Wolverine book.

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i loathe Wolverine but i'll check out Savage Wolverine for the art and cause i like Shanna.

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Punisher Nightmare #3 (they are pushing this out the door--also I seem to be the only one here reading Punisher)
    Indestructible Hulk #3

I really, really wanted the book to be about Kazar and Shanna in the Savage Land.
    I had said I was going to pass on this book but may have to recant, we'll see.

20. Admiral_Young

Oh I'm reading Punisher...but in Thunderbolts :) Kind of waiting to see what Marvel does with a new ongoing if anything at all before I recommit to Frank otherwise :)