Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I know some people still like to hang the third movie's mixed results squarely on Sam saying, "Well he was responsible for making it work" but you can't do that fairly.
    Simmons comment here only shows that even the actors were aware of the overt studio hands on involvement for Spidey 3 and how it hurt the film.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

http://comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=32142

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if people consider Peter to be a "menace" due to Daily Bugle propaganda? As I suspected after it was revealed Jonah wouldn't be in it that we could still have him be a big presence in the back ground.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Finally saw (500) Days of Summer last night. Very clever and stylishly done.

Spidey could be in good hands.

6. flemm

flemm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It occurs to me that the centrality of the newspaper and print media may be one item of the Spidey mythos that is dated and could be changed.

The workings of the Daily Bugle, Spidey's job as a reporter getting pictures for the paper, Jameson himself, that whole aspect of Spiderman's story and supporting cast does feel increasingly anachronistic.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Peter should work for The Onion!

8. Admiral_Young

^ That'd be awesome. I like Ultimate Spider-Man's take on Peter and the Bugle.

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I thought that sort of point was touched on in an interesting fashion in Superman Returns, when a kid with a cellphone took a better picture of Supes in action than Jimmy Olsen did.

10. Admiral_Young

^ There was also a similar joke in "Spider-Man 3" when Jonah was trying to take a picture of the Venom and Sandman battle and he tried to procure the use of the little girls? Cell phone.

11. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I confess I haven't watched it yet, but didn't THE CAPE try to address this by making the Lois Lane type a blogger?

12. Samurai8472

I think one of the Superman reboot ideas was that print papers are dying and Superman re energizes the newpaper industry when he arrives

13. Admiral_Young

^ Superman: Earth One plays with this idea. The Daily Planet is failing and Superman shows up it's implied that it will enjoy a new boon. In Ultimate Spider-Man, Peter works at the Bugle as their newsite's webmaster. He just recently was rehired by Jameson (the two of them have a new understanding after recent events).

From what I've read online about the film's plot the Daily Bugle doesn't figure into this film at all except on billboards on the bus and around the city.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Orwell was a blogger but I am not sure she is a Lois Lane type of character...I didn't see her that way...plus THE CAPE did have a wife and she is an attorney...I see her more like Lois Lane in many ways.

[edit] Plus Orwell in many ways was a vigilante/side-kick...not reporter/love interest.

[add] They should have Peter work for TMZ. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
  15. Admiral_Young

^ That'd be awesome :)

16. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

in Ultimate Spidey, the Bugle was dying as well. JJ says as much to Urich in USM: Requiem after Loeb's shitfest known as Ultimatum dropped a tidal wave on New York.

17. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm behind on the trades, but I recall that Betty Brandt turned to online reporting/blogging after Electro trashed the The Daily Bugle (by then already turned into low-rent tabloid The DB!).

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

18. Admiral_Young

^ Yeah that's pretty much what happened. The Front Line I think used bloggers and online reporting as well.

19. Samurai8472

20. Admiral_Young

Not surprised they retained him. That's good I think for maintaining continuity purposes and flow for the trilogy. I still think we're going to have arc spread out through each of the three films, instead of themes and arcs in self-contained films like the Rami trilogy.