‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Yes, I grant that. The overall style is interesting and looks fine. But the boots are pure male fetish.

2. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like it. Looking forward to the reveal of the Batman suit. The cowl profile was pretty great, much better than I expected.

3. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Are sandals more functional in the Greek warrior look?
    [​IMG]
    Eric Bana as Hector in Troy (2004)

4. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, but I still find it odd that, for all their ground-breaking work in comics, Marvel has failed to establish their own "Wonder Woman," their own alpha female A-list character who distinguishes herself apart from her superhero team. Also, I know that some fans have been anxious for Marvel to produce a film with a female in the lead role before DC gets Wonder Woman on the big screen. Cheer up, maybe Wonder Woman will incentivize Marvel to produce Ms. Marvel.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I've heard it said that Marvel has enough A-list female characters already that it doesn't need a singular "Wonder Woman," and that this is a good thing because it spares any single character the responsibility to stand for all women and be some kind of all-encompassing paragon as Wonder Woman is often called upon to be.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a huge DC guy, but to be fair even the comics have had a hard time figuring out WW and making the character really work on the page (despite her iconic status).

Whatever the case though, I'm just finally happy to see her on the big screen.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Likely not as Comic-Con hate's shakey camera preview leaks.

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Sounds like a rationalization on Marvel's part. It's pretty obvious they want a successful female character along the lines Wonder Woman.

9. M.A.C.O.

I agree with Nerys. When I think of women in Marvel who are heroes, I think

Sue Storm
    She-Hulk
    Storm
    Rogue
    Jean Grey
    Rogue
    Kitty Pryde
    Scarlett With
    Black Widow
    Black Cat
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

All of them are easily recognizable but there's no Wonder Woman among them. The closet one would be Jean Grey but they keep dicking her character around and killing her off. Sue Storm is called the First Lady of Marvel but she's not very interesting nor has she been given much profile above supportive team member, wife and mother.

10. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The costume is ok. Color wise its uninteresting, it all blends together, you have to really look at it to see details. Still, I was expecting worse. Gadot does look more like Wonder Woman than the woman from the WW pilot, so that's something. I still don't think she looks particularly like a warrior or a good version of WW, but its better than I expected. WW will probably just get a cameo in costume, maybe a small fight in the middle of the climax.

In the end, we didn't hear or see much, but what little info we got looks better than I expected. I'm still not exactly excited for the movie, but I'm still willing to give it a chance. That said, Ben Affleck is still the only actor of the three I'm convinced can play his role well, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I hope I'm wrong and DC surprises me, I'd love to be able to be more excited for DC movies, and to be fair I haven't seen anything from this one that shows it can't be a good movie.

11. M.A.C.O.

IT'S TRUE
    [​IMG]

12. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why don't they just livestream the panels like E3? People will still go, and those of us at home will watch the streams and get even more hyped for the upcoming movies. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

13. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

WOOHOO!

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

That pic does look cool, although I hope a Superman vs. Batman thing doesn't take up a huge part of the movie. I'd prefer seeing them work together as opposed to spending a lot of time fighting.

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

You just gave yourself the answer. If people could livestream it then they'd stay home and wait rather than go

Which would result in smaller ACTUAL attendance numbers at comic-con

Incase anyone missed the comic-con footage description posted on page 200

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Hmmm. Interesting.

So, my question to you is-- do you actually read "Fantastic Four" comics? Susan Richards is regulary portrayed as the most powerful member of the team as well as team leader whenever Reed is out of the picture.

She coordinates the logistics and handles and personel issues of Reed's scientific endeavors and charitable works and handles all of the business aspects of the operation that Reed is too busy for on top of being a supportive team member, wife and mother.

She took down the brainwashed Wolverine like a bitch with minimal effort in the "Wolverine: Enemy of the State" storyline after Wolverine had taken out the rest of the team.

He went into the situation thinking that she was the only member of the team that even made him nervous. The confrontation went as follows...

She then goes on to turn his optic nerves invisible, blinding him. You don't mess with Susan Richards. Ever.

While I agree that an Invisible Woman solo movie is extremely unlikely to happen (as she is too closely associated to the team), don't simply dismiss the character as a housewife with super-powers.

17. M.A.C.O.

^ Oh word? Do you have the issue number or the name of the trade it's in? I don't dislike Sue it's just she doesn't have the star power of some of other female characters and for me at least she always seemed, well invisible. I know she's there, but things usually came down to Reed's genius or Johnny doing something. Thing is there to take the punches and frequently be made the whipping boy to other heavy hitters in the Marvel verse.

18. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of our TrekBBS friends (sorry, his name eludes me) is a huge Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) booster. He maintains that Ms. Marvel is the A-list answer to WW. I like Ms. Marvel too and hope that the studio will at least introduce her in Avengers 3.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They've done a lot in the last few decades to make characters like Sue, the Wasp, Marvel Girl and Scarlet Witch into more than kidnap victims, hostages and chronic fainters.

20. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When did this thread turn into a Marvel vs DC thing?

I want to see stuff about the new movie. I don't give a damn about what happened in the comics. Respectfully, argue about it somewhere else. There's plenty of room in the BBS for that stuff.

What's new with the freaking movie? :cool: