Why was the 4th season so much better than the rest?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by K'Toska, Apr 13, 2015.

1. horatio83

horatio83 Commodore Commodore

Were you also insulted by Theiss wear and the "horrible stupidity" in Trouble with Tribbles?

2. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think A Night In Sickbay contains only a moderate amount of horrible stupidity.

3. Chen

Chen Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I thought seasons 3 and 4 were more awesome because they had a unified story arc. I know trek is "meant" to be episodic, but I really think it suited an arc. The Xindi series started off very well (maybe just had a couple too many episodes) and seeing the Federation arc in season 4 was great... right up until the last ep!

4. K'Toska

K'Toska Commander Red Shirt

Personally I'm not a big fan of season long story arcs. I appreciated season 4 because it was full of mini arcs.

OpenMaw, in reference to Jolene's outfits and look, I found it very insulting in the beginning. I'd read some complaints from her about how her character was presented, and it upset me because here's this actress that's a huge fan of TOS and what do they do with her? Focus on her character's sex appeal almost constantly. By the end of the series though, I felt like T'pol had grown considerably beyond that. I think Jolene Blalock is gorgeous and I can see why they wanted to take advantage of that, but it did feel exploitative at first. Perhaps I just got used to that and came to terms with it, but it did seem that it was emphasized less later. It's not that I don't appreciate pretty women - I just like to see strong, intelligent women in sci-fi who also happen to be pretty instead of the other way around. Not sure if this makes sense to anyone but me though...