The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, i'm not very skilled at doing any kind of mods with my toys. don't think i'll get Blitzwing. i will end up getting Sandstorm though. and probably the new stealth bomber Megatron when it comes out.

2. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I'm looking forward to that too. I've always preferred Megatron's classic pistol form as my favorite, because it has the advantage of being highly distinctive (and a nod to The Man From U.N.C.L.E., whose prop served as the basis), but I like what IDW did in terms of giving him the stealth body. I actually kind of wish he'd kept it a bit longer. :p

Springer's mold is quite nice, and I haven't noted any of the joint problems Blitzwing seems to have. Mine has good solid joints and I like that they incorporated some IDW elements while also keeping the G1 aesthetic going strong. I've seen other decent Springers show up over the years, but IMO the hardest detail to get right is the shape of the hood. In some other figures it often looks too large or flat, and I think the sculpt here works best.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

New Club Infinite Earths figure for June is the Red Hood. He's not the costume that most people wanted, but this is still a really great looking figure:
    [​IMG]

4. Unicron

I have a question that's not specifically figure related, but perhaps someone could give me advice on. Recently at the local TrU I got a Diamond Select classic phaser, and I really like the design. But the batteries don't seem to work, and I can't figure out the source of the problem. There's no indication the original batteries were damaged or leaked, and using alternate batteries doesn't work either. Any advice would be helpful.

5. OdoWanKenobi

Silly question, but is there a tab in the battery compartment to pull out?

If not, sounds like you got a lemon. Go exchange it for another.

6. Unicron

There is a placeholder tab which I removed, but the batteries still seem ineffective. It was the only one they had in stock, so I'm not sure how I could exchange it. :p

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I completely forgot about Jason! I want that!

8. OdoWanKenobi

Too late. The ones set aside for day of sale are gone. Best hit up ebay, now.

I'm so glad that I subscribed. It's really worth it. You get a few dollars off each figure, and have the guarantee of getting them all without having to worry about missing them in the mad rush of the monthly sale. For next year, they're offering quarterly shipping instead of monthly which will bring down the coast a bit, as well. Sure, the down side is that you're locked in, and may wind up with a character you don't care about, but it's worth the risk. Besides, I love DC comics enough that if I don't know about a character that appears in the sub, I will go find out.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's never too late at Big Bad Toy Store (unless you're Star Trek Hot Wheels). They have him for $34 bucks which is normally more expensive than I would pay, but I really want him so I'm gonna order him :)

10. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Sandstorm hit the west coast this week; I just found one at Toys R Us. He's fucking fantastic. Quite possibly better than Springer, at least in his alt modes. Robot mode has some balance issues, but makes up for it with pure charisma.

And he has a wheelchair mode!

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The giant 31" Man of Steel figure from Jakks Pacific has just hit the shelves of my local Toys 'R' Us. Spotted it yesterday while making a quick stop to see the store's selection and they stocked it right next to the slightly older 31" Dark Knight Batman. It's a pretty impressive toy, I have to say. The facial likeness to Henry Cavill is pretty close and the price tag on the thing was somewhere in the $29.99-$39.99 range. Superman collectors and fans of the new film who post here might want to check their local TRU store(s).

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

13. OdoWanKenobi

Have no fear! The Hot Toys Agent Coulson is here!
    [​IMG]

14. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

picked up Marvel Legends Protector.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. cooleddie74

Jedi Temple Archives has just posted a report that the very first merchandise in the brand new 2013 "Lava Vader" packaging design has shown up at a Meijers store in Michigan. They're just older toy lightsabers repackaged in new boxes, but they're the very first product in the brand new Hasbro packaging designs that's been officially spotted at American retail.

16. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

So that's what it does....

Awesome figure!

17. OdoWanKenobi

Loki is not thrilled that he is no longer my newest Avengers figure:
    [​IMG]

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, you are a cruel, cruel man. :guffaw:

19. cooleddie74

Brand new carded images of the four other figures in the first wave of the 3.75" Black Series line.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. cooleddie74

The first packaged photo of the brand new R2-D2 in the larger 6" Black Series line.

I'm really liking this one. This could be one of the best plastic representations of an astromech droid ever made.

[​IMG]