Smallville: Episode #9-16: "Escape"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Apr 3, 2010.

?

Rate "Escape"

Poll closed Apr 17, 2010.
  1. SUPERMAN(Excellent!)

9.1%
  2. Red/Blue Blur(Above Average)

31.8%
  3. CLARK KENT(Average)

45.5%
  4. Kal-El(Below Average)

4.5%
  5. BIZARRO(Poor)

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Good point.

2. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Especially if Jor-El still looks like Marlon Brando. You know Brando liked method acting...

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

One can only hope.

:shrug:

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Now I have Marlon Brando, Christopher Reeves and sex in the same part of my brain.

:(

I don't want my brain anymore.

:(

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

It really isn't hard to understand Clark not killing people with his sperm, it was quite clearly explained here, it isn't that he had "sex training", it's that he had training controlling his powers. As such, he has greater control over bodily functions, all the way down to controlling the force of ejaculation, he (and other Kryptonions) have the power to control their powers and how much force is applied. Same thing for Zod. It would be like why doesn't Clark's poop completely destroy the bathroom each time he takes a crap.

6. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    Your theory leads me to a question.... would one need to put kryptonite in your septic system so the poop will decompose?

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

1. Who taught Clark how to poop? ;)

2. I suspect his poop (and urine) would decompose and be processed by local treatment facilities like anyone elses'. Because Clark is, afterall, eating Earth-bound foodstuffs which shouldn't gain any superpowers simply by going through Clark's digestive system.

Which leads me to something else, it's entirely possible that Clark doesn't poop or pee. His digestive system may be so perfect that it uses everything he consumes and produces no waste whatsoever.

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

When Supergirl turned up the last time in the comics, everyone thought she was stronger than Superman.

Turns out, Clark had learned to control his powers better than her. She never held back, Clark always did because he'd kill most opponents otherwise.

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

BTW, this episode was weird, I'm lost on what the point of "Smallville" is anymore. I just take it one ep at a time I guess and consider each episode its own universe.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

To tired to quote this week.

- Funny in places. You know which ones. Ollie and Clark anyone?

- Thanks for explaining the sex training Brent. I thought I missed something.

- Yeah, Lois was hot as usual.

- Lois and Clark are in full on relationship mode seemingly out of nowhere. Stuff's been developing but this feels like a big jump.

- Wish I was Zod's position too. Or rather positions.

- Olllie and Chloe don't have chemistry. What they do have is blonde hair together.

- Another season left eh? I've had my fill, but I'll be here 'til the end. What we need is Perry White and Lex in recurring roles, and a Jimmy retcon retcon.

11. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gave this one a below average. I normally go with at least average but this one just seemed kind of dull and plodding. Just wish that the storyline would move along a little better. The whole Zod plot seems like the writers aren't sure what to do with him and are just slowly keeping him hanging around until they need him for the season finale.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I'm sure that's exactly it. that, and a contract that says they'll use him X number of times, that they had to fill out in advance...

13. joVuNik

joVuNik Lieutenant Red Shirt

I don't know what happened to this show from the original premise, I still watch it out of habit and will stick with it until the end.

But I feel this show should have ended a long long time ago. (I'm sure you have all heard this once or twice before...;))

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

What Smallville was and from what I believe the original intent of the show was...ended with season 5. Season 6-now...doesn't have the same feel the first 5 seasons did...I really believe it is because of 1. losing Jonathan Kent and the then 2. taking Martha Kent out of the picture. Season 7 would have benefited greatly from the presence of Martha Kent. I think season 9 has been 50/50...TPTB will really have to up the stakes for 10...looks like they are setting up the end of season 9 for that...hopefully.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

If you read the DVR descriptions for the early episodes and the later episodes it shows the differences of the series.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chloe Queen is alliteration.

Superman Mythos is all about alliteration.

But all his love interests have been LL. Yes, exactly ALL LL's should have been his love interest.

Both she and Clark are CC sounding which who you can tell a leading "person' from a sidekick.

Out from under his shadow and under Oliver's whatevers on offer.

I like romantic comedies.

Lucy lane needs come back around here again, she wa awsome.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

setting up some Lex Luthor slash? ;)

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You really need to watch the show again if you didn't catch all the shirtless homoerrotic flirting during the first few seasons. THAT'S why "the female demographic" was supposed to watch because the gal in charge of shaping notes from rating statistics determined that women like watching men make out not because it's "hot" but because it makes straight fellahs feel awkward and selfinconfident enough that they have to prove they're not being mindwashed and dosomething supposedly masculine like clean gutters or paint he garage, you know anything that should requre the use of a tool belt.

It's all part of the plan woman have to take over the world and flip their real estate, that begins with how they can't go to the toilet alone and ends with the Y chromozone growing dusty in museums and perhaps a zoo or two.