Star Trek: Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by tranya, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

They could've gotten away with putting it off of the bridge if they added the second door from TAS, but it's not really a big deal for me.

2. Excelsior

Excelsior Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Urgh. Just logged in to see how the updates to the TNG-era uniforms look, and it ain't pretty. I saw plenty of doom and gloom on the official forums, but I figured I'd give the new stuff a go...

Suffice to say that it's even harder to match canon colours now, and it's currently impossible to match jacket colours to trousers. There's also a couple of annoying glitches - the colours for the Voyager/DS9 uniforms have been swapped, and there are now really odd seams that don't match anything on the canon uniforms.

Don't get me wrong - the actual model improvements look much better (except the combadges, which haven't been modified), but they're overshadowed by the flaws in the colour options. Hopefully the fixes will go live soon - ideally with Saturday's patch for the Featured Episode.

Thankfully, my characters' off-duty clothes and TOS uniforms are unaffected, so it's not so much of an immersion-killer, provided I avoid ground missions with my officers...

3. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    I put my boffs in TOS uniforms too. Except my Breen, he keeps his Breeniness.

4. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Still not done patching.

5. Excelsior

Excelsior Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Can't really equate that with my TNG-era weapons - besides, I don't want to lose track of the department colours I've spent hours matching with screenshots from the shows... (can't we just have a 'default colours' button, please?)

Nope - easiest option is to switch everyone to the classic TNG uniforms. They've not been altered (yet...), so everything's still cool, and they use the same colours as the 'First Contact' uniforms all my officers currently wear.

Simply done - now I can get on with enjoying the Breen ground missions without the uniforms getting on my nerves... :klingon:

[EDIT] ...and DONE! Looks really rather smart, too... :bolian:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  6. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

These screenshots are so cool! I want to start the final part of my TMP photostory next month. If anybody has any screenshots of crew in TMP uniforms holding or shooting phasers for me to cut and paste it would really be appreciated.

If I get really desperate I'll have to scan in some IDW comics instead but the comic images don't look quite so good.

I can't get my own screenshots because I can afford to upgrade my PC to run the game (or even the demo) myself yet, dammit.

7. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Just some quick tips for those who want decent equipment each level, but don't want to pay for it and don't mind a little grind.

Projectile and Kinetic Weapons
    Series mission - "Out in the Cold" (Breen Front)
    Reward:-
    1 - Transphasic Cluster Torpedo (levels with player)(one per player)
    2 - Rare ??? Mine [dmg]x2 (weapon type rewarded changes every rank)
    3 - Rare ??? Projectile [dmg]x2 (weapon type rewarded changes every rank)

Each rank rewards you with a different weapon that's at the max level that you can use. For example, at lt cmdr you can get a Quantum Torpedo mk IV or a Quantum Mine Mk IV. At Commander you can get a Plasma Torpedo mk VI or a Plasma Mine mkVI. At Vice admiral, the rewards are Tricobalt projectiles and mines (mk XI)

Phaser Beam Arrays

Series mission - "Everything Old is New" (Devidian front)
    1 - Retrofit Forward Phaser (levels with player)(one per player)
    2 - Retrofit Aft Phaser (levels with player)(one per player)
    3 - Rare Phaser Beam Array [dmg]x2
    4 - Rare Phaser Beam Array [crtd]x2

Each rank rewards you with a weapon that's at the max level that you can use (lt Cmdr = IV, cmdr = VI etc etc).

Shields

Series mission - "Skirmish" (Devidian front)
    1 - Subspace Field Modulator
    2 - Rare Covariant Shield [cap]x2
    3 - Rare Regenerative Shield [reg]x2

Each rank rewards you with a shield that's at the max level that you can use (lt Cmdr = IV, cmdr = VI etc etc). I'd personally ignore the regenerative shields. Also, if you're doing PvP, I recommend getting as many subspace field modulators as you can put in your device slot, since their effect stacks.

Lol, what can I say, I'm a nerd who enjoys writing FAQ's. :)

8. Rat Boy

As luck would have it, the episode went live 15 minutes earlier than announced just when I happened to have the mission panel open. Not bad; not as good as the previous two, but there was a career-specific section that reminded me a little of the MacGuyvering puzzles from the old Interplay Trek adventure games.

9. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

I have only just done the mission with my science character. I really loved the class specific section of the mission.

10. cbp44189

cbp44189 Commander Red Shirt

I have the same issues, But I want to do something in the TOS era.

11. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

I have not started. Another TOS mission would be welcome;maybe from the Foundry?

12. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Im going to experiment with the foundry a bit... have an idea for a TOS influenced story...
    It's not set in the past but weaves a TOS story into the current Klingon War arc.

13. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

I did too, except for those spiders.

It had to be spiders. :klingon:

Anyway, which option did everyone choose after talking to Obisek?

14. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Help him of course...

15. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are a fair few TOS screenshots out there - you can cut the bodies out and paste them into whatever background you like with whatever heads you like.

16. syberghost

Both; first I helped him, then I went to my Ready Room and did the mission again, fighting him. There's a different accolade in it for you, and you can pick up both rewards that way.

BTW, for those of you who are TOS fans and didn't realize this, you can also replay "Night of the Comet" as often as you like, getting the TOS rifle and pistol every time.

17. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

Is that all that's different?

18. syberghost

Pretty much; nothing irrevocable happens to the storyline for the future. Obisek has a goal; if you're going to help you're useful, if you're not going to help you're not useful, and what you were yesterday is not relevant.

19. Rat Boy

Check out the new picture on the launcher. Bring forth de lirpa!

20. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BUM BUM BUUUUM BUUUUUM BUUUM BUUUUM BUM BUMBUM BUUUM BUUUM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.