Seven Of Nine Was AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Taylirious, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a recent episode of the recently cancelled Don't trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 where "Chloey" (The Bitch) is trying to wag the dog for James Vanderbeek to become number one in People magazines Top 50 most beautiful People in the World...

Looking behind the scenes at the mechanism which voted Wang in was enlightening.

2. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spock, Data, Seven, and T'Pol were the smart-n-serious outsiders who gave us social commentary ("you humans...") and quick mental calculations. You can't have a proper space mission without that.

Of the four, and I loved them all, I got the most pure pleasure from Seven of Nine. She could be utterly cold and analytical, but also had vulnerability and desires. The character grew as her humanity re-asserted itself. She got tutoring in social skills from a hologram-- that fell in love with her.

She looked like a million bucks, sang like an angel, and was rude to the Klingon. :lol: She was probably the best single character in the history of STAR TREK.

3. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree... and I too loved all 4 of these outsiders. I suspect part of the reason was that, as Seven herself said to Janeway... "she" was a work in progress. The others were, for all intents and purposes, grownups who already were "formed" when we met them, even if their friends/crews had to "tweak them" a little.

Seven was tweaked quite alot.

Kes, even though she was "growing up" on Voyager, seemed more adult than our Dear Miss Seven of Nine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGY8Ku-7kQ

Absolutely loved this entire scene from season 7's Imperfection... It and the one in Engineering with "big sister" B'Elanna are among my series favs.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGY8Ku-7kQ[/yt]

SEVEN: Every person on this list died under your command. You accepted their deaths, but I don't believe you'll accept mine.
    JANEWAY: That's presumptuous.
    SEVEN: I'm not being egotistical. On the contrary, I'm trying to make a point.
    JANEWAY: Which is?
    SEVEN: All of these crew members came to Voyager with unique personalities, but I've required your constant assistance to develop my individuality.
    JANEWAY: And you've come a long way.
    SEVEN: But not far enough. I've disappointed you. You feel your task is incomplete. That's why my death will be difficult for you to accept.
    JANEWAY: Is that what you think? That you haven't lived up to my expectations?
    SEVEN: Clearly I haven't but I want you to know that the failure has been mine, not yours.
    JANEWAY: You haven't failed, Seven. You've exceeded my expectations. You've become an individual, an extraordinary individual. If I'm having trouble accepting your condition it's only because I don't want to lose a friend.

:sigh:

4. balticballet

balticballet Ensign Newbie

Seven was the best character on voyager hands down!

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I LOVE HER.

Yes not much to contribute tonight, just some undying regenerating love.

6. Guy Gardener

It was a trick.

They could have put almost anyone in that same position, even Meatloaf, lost Borg looking for their humanity, and they would have come off just as beloved because of the scripts... But Berman didn't trust us to believe in his writing.

They had to wrap it all up in near perfect boobies.

(Yes, the Singer.)

(His boobies are about the same size, but far from perfect.)

7. teacake

I'll do anything for love, but I won't do that.

8. Guy Gardener

He can hold his breath for 7 minutes, but if you can't learn to breath through your nose, then you're an idiot.

9. teacake

Last night I dreamed that I was having arguing with someone that Picard's choice not to infect the Borg and eliminate them was classist because he had a starship he could warp away from Borg in and thousands of planets didn't. During the whole argument I was sorting kumquats on a table.

10. Guy Gardener

Well that metaphor is obvious.

11. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They didn't do enough to make her seem AWESOME! :D

I keep thinking she was Borg...she is Human...this is the bread and butter of modern Trek. ;)

12. rramarr

rramarr Commander Red Shirt

How dynamic can a borg be? How awesome can a Vulcan be? With the cultural limitations Seven had she was AWESOME!.

13. teacake

[​IMG]

7 of 9's awesomeness in question?

14. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

15. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

7 of 9 used the sonic shower every now and then, even if it wasn't strictly necessary for hygenic purposes. Use your imagination.

16. MrsStepford

MrsStepford Ensign Newbie

These are my sentiments exactly! And she could be incredibly funny and tender too. I have cried so many times watching her - so very moving. Jeri Ryan is an incredible actress. Her channeling the Dr is perfection.

17. teacake

Do you reckon you can direct the sonic waves?

18. MrsStepford

MrsStepford Ensign Newbie

She smelt better than Harry did.....

19. Guy Gardener

Shhhhhhhhh. Seriously shhhhhhhhh... I will be in so much trouble if Teacake figures out what what you just said really means.

20. teacake

I've been waiting for your stillsuit announcement.