Heroes interview!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

FUTURE PETER! Cmon, I could tell by the way he was walking away!

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Do you want to know? I can PM you.

3. Temis the Vorta

No thanks, I should really just cool it and wait. :D

It's one of Nathan's two sons, from the future!!!

4. Dorian Thompson

I hear you. I was really pissed when I accidentally found out. WHY do people put a spoiler warning and then put the spoiler in the subject line? :scream:

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

No spoilers for me this season. I want to see how it turns out myself.

6. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

thanks!

and I know who shot Nathan & Im not surprised...
    I wish they'd quit with all the future characters running around. Theyre turning into Marvel.

7. Dorian Thompson

You got it, melancholymecha. I guess it's because I'm new to the fandom, but I nearly fell out of my chair.

Of course, it could be a marvelous opportunity to tell a story about "How do you forgive?" Peter as yet hasn't shot Nathan, but he's capable of it under certain circumstances. How does Nathan deal with that knowledge? How do you forgive somebody for something they haven't done yet, but you know that they could do it. Here's Peter who hasn't done anything yet, but Nathan will know this about him. They're so close as brothers. If the writing is good, the story could be out of this world fantastic. Unfortunately, they could also fuck it up but good.

8. Temis the Vorta

9. Dorian Thompson

Doesn't Clare count? How about Maya and her boob job?

10. Temis the Vorta

Hmm, maybe if the boobs got their own superpowers. :rommie:

Less than a week to go! W00t, as the kids say nowadays.

11. Dorian Thompson

Don't go to youtube and watch any new season three previews if you don't want to know who shot Nathan.

Nathan. :drool:

12. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I watched the alternate ending to "Powerless" and the footage they had already shot for episodes 12 and 13 before the strike on the season two Blu-Rays last night.

Most of it has been scratched now but there is one scene that they took the time to put a "SPOILER ALERT" caption over suggesting that it will still come to pass.

In a dream/flash-forward sequence Angela Petrelli walks through what looks like the old Company building where they researched the virus. The place is smashed and there's blood everywhere. As she walks through she finds Hiro (with Kensei's sword through his chest), Peter, Matt, Mr. Bennet, Monica and Micah all dead. She sees Claire try to escape but a large black man lifts her up, drags her off screen and decapitates her (the VFX are unfinished here but her body is clearly separated from her head). She turns around only to be cut off by Adam Monroe, Jessica (I'm guessing it's Jessica), Maury Parkman and the black man before Sylar appears behind her. She wakes up at this point in the back of her car.

13. Dorian Thompson

Yowza on that!! I think that'll still happen, too. Angela Petrelli seems heavily featured in that great new preview promo.

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^As I said, it was the only piece of footage from what would have been episodes 2x12 and 2x13 that had a "SPOILER ALERT" caption.

There were other scenes that Tim Kring says cannot be repurposed as they've decided to go in another direction now.

Adam drops the virus and it gets in to the ventilation system. Parkman, Peter and Nathan find many Primatech workers dead or dying. They go to the police station (a set they reused in the aired version) where Parkman "convinces" everyone to listen to Nathan who wants to quarantine the town. In storyboards Peter creates a landslide to destroy the bridge out of town (the one where the Haitian shot Noah). Kring and co explain that Odessa would be completely quarantined. Nathan gives a speech on TV, watched by Mohinder, Maya and co in New York and Claire in California but collapses having been infected. Claire, Mohinder and Maya would have gone to Odessa - Claire because she thinks her blood can cure Nathan and because she saw that Peter was alive as he was standing next to his brother and Mohinder because he is the world's leading expert on the virus. Maya goes with him because they would eventually become a couple. Mark Harelik's character who Peter met in the future would reappear too.

Eventually, and they hadn't completely made their minds up about this, Maya would prove to be the cure. Her abilities would allow her to draw any sickness in to herself, not just the one she creates. They hadn't decided whether or not this would have killed her.

They also mentioned a scene where some of the people in the town try to leave, forcing the National Guard to gun them down.

Some of this we actually see, while some is just described by Kring as they hadn't shot any of it. The effects are clearly unfinished in a lot of places or are replaced by storyboards and production designs.

The phone call she receives in the aired version is exactly the same but used in a different context. The Company would try to ensure that no-one gets out of Odessa in order to cover up their own involvement.

Noah remains a prisoner and has more conversations with Elle about her and her father.

Elle is tasked by Bob with bringing Sylar in on her own. Sylar kills at least five more people with powers including a man with unbreakable skin (whose brain he takes by pulling it out through his throat) and a woman with Chameleon-like powers. She talks to Noah about why she doesn't have a partner and he points out that she does. She's bait. When Sylar tries to take her powers her mystery partner will kill Sylar. Bob intentionally put her in harm's way.

Hiro refuses to use his powers to travel back and prevent the release of the virus, stating that every time he goes back in time he just makes things worse. He blames himself for making Adam evil. Ando tries to make him act like a hero by walking in to traffic so that Hiro would have to save him, but Hiro just pushes him out of the way without using his powers. The death toll in Odessa is given at 95,000 here.

This part is not a spoiler. In the alternate ending the Nikki, Monica and Micah and Sylar cliffhangers are the same. Nikki still gets blown up and Sylar still regains his powers. In addition, Hiro still buries Adam alive.

My non-spoiler guess with Nikki is that Jessica resurfaces which reactivates her powers and allows her to escape.

15. Dorian Thompson

No, I think Nikki's dead. I think Ali will be playing a new character. I think.

Season two (though I basically liked it) lacked a great deal, IMO, because it's two best "couples," Hiro and Ando, and Peter and Nathan, were apart for too long. I liked Noah's continued development and the introduction of Elle, but Mohinder bored me to tears. He didn't used to, but he was woefully misused IMO. I am excited with spoilers I've read, because the Peter/Nathan Hiro/Ando interaction problem seems to have been solved and then some. I love the stories planned and the ramifications they'll have.

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I try not to criticise season two too much. It was obvious that they were just getting going when the strike cut them down in their prime. Seeing the large scale plans they had for season two beyond "Powerless" I can see what they were trying to do.

17. Dorian Thompson

I got out my DVD (I just love working graveyards and not being able to sleep on my nights off :rolleyes: ) and watched the alternate ending to "Powerless" just now. I agree that the virus spreading would have been a powerful storyline as it played out. I liked Nathan collapsing to start off the epidemic, which would have motivated Peter to do whatever it took.

I definitely like the storyline planned for Peter and Nathan for next season, though. Definitely. :techman: Pasdar and Ventimiglia's dynamic will lend itself to the emotional stakes big time.