"Best of Both Worlds" expanded score in May!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by ScottDS, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ScottDS

ScottDS Captain Captain

From GNP Crescendo's Facebook page:

"Best of Both Worlds Expanded Edition will be available mid-May, exact date to be confirmed. Thanks to Lukas Kendall for production and Mark Banning for art."

[​IMG]

2. Beta-Z

Beta-Z Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So here we have the reason why we are not getting separated music-only tracks on the BDs.
    Nice, nice. :rolleyes:

3. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can think of only one tv show on Blu ray that has seperate music tracks and that's The Twilight Show. It's a very rare special feature. You can roll your eyes, but the fact is that the chance of these soundtracks being included was pretty much non existent from day one.

I wonder if this is worth getting when you already have the original GNP releases and the Ron Jones Project. It seems that I already have the complete score if I combine the cues from both releases.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

It's called "CBS wants to make more money".

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I'd be surprised if there is anything on this release that wasn't on the original + Ron Jones box. But it's good for anyone who doesn't have the old disc and/or expensive box set.

6. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

The one thing everyone is expecting from this release is that the editing will incorporate the "5 minutes" of music from the Ron Jones set more seamlessly with everything else. The original release was very tight in it's track separation and some music would from one track would actually be played out for a whole second before the music from the current track would actually begin. If you were listening to the soundtrack from start to finish, that's not a problem. Unfortunately the 5 minutes of BoBW music actually occurs in between a couple of the original album tracks. So you'll have one track end abruptly, having the Ron Jones Box music play and when it ends, the next track will play the last second of the track previous before it before it starts normally.

Confused? I know I am. Here's hoping that we get more from this soundtrack release than what we got in either the original and the Ron Jones set.

7. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't have that problem with my copy.

8. jb1234

jb1234 Lieutenant Red Shirt

There's a few Act in and Act out cues still remain unreleased but nothing of note.

9. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Be sure to pay 90 bucks for the bluray version of season 1 so you can listen to Picard lecture about how primitive and evil capitalism is! :p