First Poster

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by PlainSimpleJoel, Dec 3, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

Trekfreekon youtube will explode when he see the poster of into darkness....beware the Trekfreak

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^That's not very good. I prefer the original.

4. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I want a poster of Zach,Chris and Zoe.

5. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

I like the original poster. The Cumberbatch looking at the ruins of London gives me an epic feeling about this movie.

6. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Thanks. :) For a living I've been laying out and installing wireless networks, and other IT stuff. :) It would be cool to make pictures for a living though!

Well, I bet you could fit about 20 of them in the shuttle bay. :D

:)

I didn't think so. :)

Thanks. :)

Thanks. :)

Exactly what I was thinking!

:)

Awesome. :)

I have another idea, that I might work on in a day or two... might wait until the trailer comes out, though.

Later guys,

-Ricky

7. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is going to be the best Superman movie yet!

EDIT: What's with all of the Batman comparisons? Clearly, this is a movie about Superman turned evil. Maybe he's under someone's controll.

8. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Found this, while looking around.

[​IMG]

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because they only put evil people in handcuffs? :rolleyes:

10. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Very cool. I wonder if they had that in mind when designing the poster. Most likely t'was a happy coincidence.

11. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

meh..

:guffaw:

you are not the only one

and I agree with the others that's totally London in the background!

12. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, it WAS London.

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Superman: The Bondage Years.

14. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't mind this franchise borrowing a teaser style from another. At least it's another franchise I [mostly] like. It could be much worse, imagine if they were borrowing teaser ideas from Twilight. {{{shudders}}}

Personally, I didn't think TDKR was all that great but hey, if the average movie-goers liked it and seeing this teaser makes them stop and take a closer look at what it is promoting then it achieved its intended purpose.

15. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That just gave me a mental image of Margot Kidder that'll take days of brain soap to purge. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, I already hate JJ Abrams and everyone involved in the horrible Star Trek reboot. They didn't need to go the extra mile and make their poster look like one for the other movie series I hate, Nolan's Batman. My two most hated movies of all time are Star Trek (2009) and The Dark Knight, and as a trekkie, just seeing that poster almost causes physical pain. I'd say that I hope this is a huge failure, but we're living in a world where Michael Bay's horrible Transformers movies (the first two written by the same writers of the horrible ST reboot movies) make a bunch of money, this will make money. Th same people that love those movies will love the Star Trek movie that has about as much to do with Star Trek as it does with How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

(I'll end this post by saying that I don't mean to insult any individual who loves the ST reboot, so if you like it, don't take what I say personally, I'm mostly talking about the general audience for the movie, not individuals).

17. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

That image right there. Put that on a poster with nothing but a release date, and I'm advance ordering my tickets to see that movie. That's what I was saying earlier (here, another board?): The current poster, I walk by it in the lobby or on the sidewalk, there's nothing to make me think I want to stop and see it. Madman's pic: I stop and I want to know WTF is happening.

In that pic: It could be Enterprise rising up to launch. Maybe she was damaged, landed, repaired and relaunching to get back into the fight. Or maybe this is it, she's dead and she's sinking to her grave. I look at that, and a half dozen stories come to mind.

I look at the official one: Oh, someone nuked a city and the cliched bad ass of the movie is looking out over the ruins oh well ~walk on by~

18. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

19. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    [Terry Gilliam] It's only a movie... [/Gilliam]

20. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Commander Red Shirt

It's the former, King Daniel Into Darkness's avatar represents the latter :) If the internet teaser is appearing online in 48 hours, hopefully you'll all get to see how close to the mark MadMan1701A and KingDaniel got! ;)