Star Trek VI Questions

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Shatner_Fan, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Shatner_Fan

Shatner_Fan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I’m sure these have been discussed before, but I missed the answers. :) Still, I love the fact that, more than 20 years later, I still have things to discuss regarding these films! Ok, here are the questions:

When Valeris quotes Kirk, “Let them die,” and he seems ashamed … how did she know he said that? Guess Spock told her?

And on a possibly related note, when Kirk makes that comment to Spock near the beginning of the film … who’s that sitting in the room with them? There’s clearly someone sitting in the shadows behind Kirk (and wearing a Starfleet uniform). Doesn’t look like Valeris. I find it an odd inclusion. This was a pretty private conversation between Kirk and Spock, why would Nick Meyer choose to have someone so casually inserted into the scene?

2. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

yes, they've been discussed.

Apparently there was a listening device planted at the meeting or one of the conspirators was nearby close enough to hear.

The person sitting is the CinC's 'aide de camp' asian officer. She sits there after introducing the CinC.

why she is there later is not explained. She is there thru part of Kirk/Spock's discussion but not near the end.

My guess, oddly enough, is that the actress just stayed there and was watching the scene being filmed.

If she was meant to be there why is she gone halfway thru?

Unless she recorded the 'Let them die' thing and left when she had what she needed! :lol:

3. Shatner_Fan

Shatner_Fan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

These answers are good enough for me! Thanks, Grant!

4. SimpleLogic

SimpleLogic Guest

Well since Admiral Cartwright was in on the conspiracy he probably had the room bugged and she saw or heard the whole exchange through that.

5. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Very possible. Although how would he/anyone have known Kirk/Spock would stay there and argue?

Wait, he he come over to Kirk after the meeting and tapped him on the shoulder--planting a micro-bug! :lol: