Star Trek Into Darkness Synopsis Revealed!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by StarTrek1701, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

That will be enough, thank you.

Yes, everyone - Bones tends to be somewhat opinionated. That is not a new thing, not will it be necessary for anyone else to point it out to him. Let's stick to the synopsis and to the substance of comments posted; swipes at other posters will not be encouraged.

Yours, for example, Snowjourner. :vulcan: Please don't do that.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  2. Eris

Eris Ensign Newbie

Sounds pretty good actually. The poster is cool too. Getting my hopes up.

If Into Darkness is any good, maybe some people are going to start realising (or admitting) how underwhelming XI was.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Or mabe some other folks will realize their resistance to "New Trek" prevented them from seeing XI was a good movie afterall.

Six of One, half a Dozen of the other. YMMV

4. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

A good deal of my dislike for Star Trek (2009) is to do with its trampling over and ruining classic characters and elements from one of the greatest shows ever. But turning Shatner's thoughtful, philosophical, romantic soldier diplomat into an American Pie fratboy would have been slightly more forgiveable had the story not been the most stupid mess of coincidences that makes Transformers still the writers' best script to date (and that's the most damning indictment I can come up with).

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:
    I love The Original Series, but... no.

No.

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

No one will ever be able to convince you otherwise on the rest of what you perceive as a stupid mess of coincidences, but, as far as Kirk goes, the idea of the Trilogy appears to be watching the character of Kirk grow from the "Punk American Pie Fratboy" in the Kirk we know and love from TOS

7. Ghost Bones

Oh good, another two films of him being a c*** then. By which point they could well cease to be profitable and Star Trek will be over again.

8. 47

47 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm... If the force of terror is played by John de Lancie, I can see Kirk in a manhunt.

Actually I'd like to see how Kirk would have handled Q...

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

:rolleyes:

10. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

11. Ghost Bones

Oh my, this is terrific discourse. Let's just quote something followed by a disparaging emoticon as though it's perfectly obvious something silly was said. Yes, how grown up.

12. M'Sharak

That is the sort of "swipe at another poster" from which I asked people to refrain, only a few posts back.

Your choice to disregard that request will earn you a warning. Any and all comments to PM.

13. Eris

Eris Ensign Newbie

That's what I was expecting and hoping for. But so far he seems to have been appointed captain by destiny, Old Spock and himself (against the better judgement of his comrades too, who understandably appeared only too willing to let Spock beat him to death). Hopefully we'll see him earn it in the next one.

14. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Romantic? He was hordndog.

15. M'Sharak

If you're going to bump the thread up after a week, it should be to add something more substantial than this, which moves discussion forward not at all and amounts to little more than piling on.

Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.