Pan Am...did anyone watch?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Warped9, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Given the actress is French Canadian born in Quebec, one would hope her French is good :) (taking in account the Quebec Patois is not quite French French)

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, what I mean is, she's very convincing of someone from France. She speaks more like someone would from France rather than Quebec. Her accent is very convincing. So, it's refreshing to see them make an effort and hiring someone that is genuine.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the takeoff was handled very well.

The show seems somewhat idealistic, but I'm not minding. Thumbs up.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

While still fairly low, the ratings did improve this week (5.7/1.8, up 10 and 6%).

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unlike Star Trek, this show knows: the captain should never go on away missions. :D

And Pan Am is also Trekkian in its heavy-handed, corny moralizing. It's almost like having Star Trek back on TV!

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Plus most of the cast wears uniforms. :D

7. Temis the Vorta

And they fly to a new, exotic place each week!

Who says Star Trek couldn't work on network TV anymore. :p I would love for all these actors to just get beamed to the USS Enterprise if Pan Am gets cancelled.

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Especially the stewardesses. :adore:

9. Temis the Vorta

So I guess that was it for Pan Am. Frankly, the writing has gotten clumsier and clumsier, to the point where I'd probably be bailing on the show right about now if it hadn't bailed on me first. I couldn't even slog through the whole episode, maybe I'll give the second half a shot tonight, just to be a completist.

10. Owain Taggart

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've watched every single episode, but I felt that the Berlin episode and the Haiti episode were the best. If the show could have been at that level the whole time, I think it would have stood a better chance.

11. Temis the Vorta

Those are my two favorite episodes, too. I appreciated how convincingly they made it look like the story was taking place in Berlin or Haiti.

Now that I've seen the whole ep, I also saw the announcement that the show will be back on Jan 8. It wasn't part of the midseason schedule announcement but CGB doesn't take that timeslot till March, so maybe we get a whole slate of new eps till then?

It's doubtful the ratings will improve - there are lots of interesting new midseason series so competition is only getting tougher - but I'll probably keep watching anyway or at least recording the episodes.

12. Owain Taggart

That's good news. I had heard that they had ordered a full season, but I didn't know if plans were in place to actually air them or if even it had been ordered. News about that was a bit sketchy.