Cooking Abomination!! XD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Plecostomus, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

I took a package of yellow Tuna Helper and white Tuna Helper and mixed them... and I used chunk tuna in oil not flake in water. Also I didn't drain the water and I added the milk at the very end to make the boiling stop... :wtf:

In short I violated every Cooking Rule that there is apparently. The Wife... she yells. And screams. And scolds. :scream:

...yet she's on her third bowl full. :guffaw:

Any other "cooking abomination " stories out there? :D

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I once tried to make pudding from scratch. Epic fail.

For some reason - and to this day I have absolutely no idea how this happened - scrambled eggs appeared as if by magic. :eek: :wtf: I took that as a sign that I should never attempt this again.

I would like to hear an explanation, though. From those of you who *can* cook. How the hell do scrambled eggs appear in the middle of a pudding mixture? This was a long time ago, but I do remember I put in the exact ingredients the recipe called for. How could I have fucked up that badly? What did I do wrong? :confused:

3. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Not knowing what ingredients went into your pudding, my guess is you didn't mix it well enough.

If you had a well of eggs sitting by themselves when you cooked the pudding - you would get scrambled eggs out of it.

4. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Ew, that is an abomination. I actually like Tuna Helper (though I'm not sure what you mean by "white" and "yellow" kinds, all I know is that I get the Creamy Pasta flavor), but I only use chunk light in water, and drained of course. The idea of undrained tuna really disgusts me for some reason, even if it is just water.

5. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

I once squirted Sriracha hot sauce into a tin of Beach Cliff Sardines in Mustand.

Ok, so that has nothing to do with MadBaggins.

Or cooking. I meant cooking.

*eek*

6. Mr. Laser Beam

No, it wasn't like that. I was just mixing the stuff up (eggs being one of these ingredients), following the recipe exactly as instructed, and boom, I saw little bits of scrambled egg in it. I had always assumed that to make scrambled eggs, you had to, well, scramble them! I wasn't doing that.

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Sriracha sauce is one of the best things ever. Not sure I would quite have that combination, however.

8. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

Cheesy Pasta and Creamy Pasta. One is white and one is yellow.

9. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

I put sriracha sauce on damn near anything that could use a hot sauce. Scrambled eggs, taco bell tacos, you name it.

I also like to mash sriracha sauce into my ground beef when I cook burgers.

10. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

I cooked some Pilsbury Reese cookies on Adobo spice once. Not the greatest taste, but I lived.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

I like to eat cookie dough.

12. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Oh, hell yes. Typically, I used to eat it until I had a bad stomach.

13. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I've certainly prepared cookie dough with no intention of ever baking it. I don't think that counts as a cooking abomination, though, and I wouldn't be surprised most everyone else is also a cookie dough fiend.

I'm trying to think of a real cooking abomination of which I'm guilty...but I'm having trouble. I thought Hamburger Helper was an abomination in its own right?

14. Mr. Laser Beam

I buy it off the shelf and eat it right out of the packaging. :techman:

tsq: Hamburger Helper is not an abomination. *Not* having Hamburger Helper is an abomination. :D

15. trampledamage

Oh okay, it was while you were mixing? I don't know how American pudding is made - is it cooked or just mixed up and then eaten?

In which case I think the eggs curdled. It can happen when the eggs are cold. You would get what appeared to be lumps of eggs.

16. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Amen.

Great way to make dinner in a hurry when you get off work an hour late, are exhausted, and have someplace to be that night.

Some puddings are cooked and some not over here. I'm operating under the assumption that his eggs curdled or were old.

17. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

My wife once put cinnamon in a chicken dish she was making instead of ginger - the result was certainly interesting...

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Curdled? Do you mean spoiled? They were definitely fresh eggs.

American pudding is cooked, BTW. At least when you make it from scratch, like I was trying to do.

19. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw a Little House on the Prarie like that once. Nellie asked Almonzo to dinner but was then stupid enough to have Laura cook it for her. She really messed up the ingredients.

I just looked it up. The dish was supposed to be cinnamon chicken but Laura used cayenne pepper instead of cinnamon. Much water was consumed.

20. trampledamage

No, curdled doesn't mean spoiled - it can happen to fresh eggs.

Having just looked up the definition, curdled basically means "coagulate" - to turn solid. It's the same thing that happens to milk when you make cheese.

I don't know exactly what causes eggs to curdle - it's something to do with the eggs reacting to the other liquids in the mixture. My mum taught me to always add a spoon full of flour when I add the egg to a cake mixture to stop the curdling.

Having the eggs curdle doesn't make the cake taste bad, it just affects the raising of the sponge.