Torpedoes (XII spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cid Highwind, May 9, 2013.

1. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Lieutenant Red Shirt

I took the convenient breakdown as a means to keep Enterprise in neutral space, i.e., you go no further and you launch your payload.

It could very well have been known by Marcus that they were there. Either way it's a win for him. It seems like he could just kill them discreetly though rather than throwing in variables like Kirk.

It makes more sense that Khan had them all tricked.

2. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Okay, I now tend towards thinking Marcus knew the Augments were in the torpedoes.

3. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Maybe Khan didn't expect Starfleet to try flat out murder him and overestimated his worth to Section 31? It just happens Kirk listened to his crew in this case and didn't murder Khan without trial.

4. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

If Marcus had control over the torpedoes wouldn't he have just killed off Khan's crew if he knew they were in there?
    He knew how much trouble one superhuman was, let alone 72. And wouldn't he have used them against Khan as blackmail?
    Still he may have written off Khan and been so arrogant that he thought his Klingon vengeance - destroying the Enterprise plan was foolproof