The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That one gave me a few "snickers"...:whistle:

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Richy rich has the 100,000 grand, no doubt

think likes this.
  4. think

think About it! Premium Member

81181729_10156452486301650_1425249090035253248_o.jpg 81065831_10156452486256650_7218667498504192_o.jpg 81513089_10156452486211650_4537941687653105664_o.jpg 81570475_10156452486166650_1160402246714785792_o.jpg 82571707_10156452486086650_3489458849788723200_o.jpg
    the borg giraffe meets Scotty :) in one of my abstract realities just put together out of my recent brush and ink works. ----

KimMH, Avro Arrow and cooleddie74 like this.
  5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I finally got the hard-to-track down Vintage Collection Princess Leia Organa(Yavin) from the latest wave that I'd been missing! I managed to have a friend grab her for me before New Year's so my goal of completing both of the newest Vintage waves by the end of the year was achieved!

Armus and think like this.
  6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

7. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

Thought I'd post a picture of my small Jean-Luc Picard action figure collection. :)

[​IMG]

Kira's Mom, Armus, od0_ital and 5 others like this.
  8. cooleddie74

^
    That's a pretty cool collection! Congratulations!

In other news if you collect Black Series 6" figures check your local Kroger stores if you're in an area that has one or more. The regular price on Black Series figures is $24.99 but once you buy them a big discount comes off at the cash register. I got another 6" Battle Droid for just $7.50 or less after tax and the discount!

think and MrPicard like this.
  9. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I didn't even know Kroger sold action figures.

10. cooleddie74

Many do. I remember some selling Star Wars action figures as far back as the Episode I merchandising blitz in 1999.

11. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Wal-Mart knocked their Marvel Legends down to $11 each, and had all but one from two BAF series. I picked up the ones they had for the Caliban & Wendigo BAFs, and ordered the Beast and Mr. Sinister online.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the new claws for the Uncanny X-Force Wolverine.

And I've seen videos of the Beast balanced on one hand, but I can't get it to work.

think, KimMH and cooleddie74 like this.
  12. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

Gorgeous. I like the 4 figures of the same height in the second row, left side. Asylum?

think and MrPicard like this.
  13. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

Thank you! Yes, I believe those are Art Asylum figures. The one with the helmet is different tho - it was released only a little while ago. It doesn't really look like Jean-Luc (which is why I gave it a helmet, lol) but it was on sale so I bought it. I'm kinda picky, I tend to only buy figures that actually really LOOK like Jean-Luc, and I have VERY high standards in that regard. (Some might call them irrationally high, even.)

think and Armus like this.
  14. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Game is on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I was in Target today to pick up a prescription and wondered through the Toy Aisles. They had one lone Mandalorian Black Series figure, so I grabbed it. It's been a while since I purchase a figure, but I knew I wanted this one right away. Did anyone else notice the paucity of Toys for The Rise of Skywalker? Our Target has only a few items, like hardly any.
    [​IMG]

cooleddie74 and think like this.
  16. cooleddie74

I also got a Carbonized Mandalorian yesterday! A nearby Target had about 10 on an endcap display and in the main action figure aisle and I was able to get one before they disappeared. I love the packaging on this version of the figure and the layer of "carbonized" paint added to the figure itself to give it a slightly different and even cooler and more unique appearance.

Plus, the box is almost mirrorlike in reflectiveness. That is so cool to look at and easily the most interesting of all the Carbonized figure variants released over the past three and a half months.

17. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I used my leftover Christmas money to buy American Girl's Girl of the Year, Joss! She arrived today. She's gorgeous and wears a hearing aid! I'm hard of hearing myself, and ten year old me could have used a doll like her. I was bullied a lot because of my hearing aid. :(

https://imgur.com/gallery/kcefrgE

I'm probably going to change her name. Joss is too much like Jess, a previous GOTY I have. Later on, I'll pick up her surfboard and cheerleading outfit.

KimMH, cooleddie74 and Avro Arrow like this.
  18. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

She’s wonderful!

Kira's Mom likes this.
  19. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This time machine is an advent calendar I bought before Christmas. You have to turn the wheel at the top to find out which window to open. Scotty was very interested in it!

With a smartphone and an app the cogwheels even move in augmented reality. Here is a video:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The "augmented reality" app makes me think of "The Moment", that self aware TimeLord weapon from "Day of the Doctor".