Strangest Rejections....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tribble puncher, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

I asked a coworker out on a date last week....she said I was a nice guy, but she only dated guys with tattoo's because it was a turn on...I thought to myself later on thats like saying you only date guys who wear blue shirts...anyone can get a tattoo...how is that a deal breaker? Of course there is always the possibility that she just was using that as an excuse to let me down "nicely"...oh well...no there was no point to this..

2. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe I spent too much time with women, but this is not strange. At first it might seem superficial, but it isn't. Yes, everyone can get a tattoo, but not everyone actually does. Having a tattoo is NOT just like wearing a blue shirt. And then it depends on the type of tattoo as well. It's not only the visual that turns her on, it's the type of person that gets a tattoo.

3. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, it's either this or a really weird excuse.

4. Tribble puncher

So in your opinion what "type" of person gets a tattoo? I've seen people that have all sorts of different styles (urban, rocker, emo, hipster, country, jock, etc.) with tattoo's...I have nothing against tattoo's I've just never found one that says "me" I guess.

5. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

It's not necessarily all the people who get them, but there must be something she associates with tattoos that she's into.

6. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Maybe she likes that whole rebellious thing. Even though tattoos are mainstream acceptable, some people still associate them with rebels and ne'er-do-wells. Does anyone still use that word? Anyway, hell, even I've considered getting a tattoo (I want a Rainbow Dash tattoo), so maybe she just likes people willing to commit to something that is a lifelong thing. Just my two bits there.

I don't really have any strange rejections. Mine have generally been the "you're a nice guy but..." kind, which as far as I know are run-of-the-mill rejections.

7. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Many people have fetishes. Hers is just guys with tattoos. The good news is: she's not for you, but there are plenty out there who look beyond such things to the important qualities.

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

During college, I came back from a year abroad, and the first night I was home there was a fraternity party that my brothers had set me up for. The girl's name was Stephanie, and (I thought) we really hit it off.

At the end of the night, she told me "I'm being baptized into the Mormon Church tomorrow."

:shrug:

9. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Your avatar is beginning to make sense 1001001.

10. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

THIS!

11. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

(shrugs) People like what they like.

If you're seriously interested in her, your next step seems clear. :)

12. Tribble puncher

My post was really more of a contemplative one...just wanted other peoples input I suppose..I agree with most of the replies here, it simply isn't worth getting bent out of shape over. If anything I thought the randomness of it all might spark a fun discussion.

13. Gecko of Gorn

Gecko of Gorn Commodore Commodore

A Louisville Slugger and duct tape?

....just joking.

14. Tribble puncher

Haha...well, I guess you could say she became a "pearl of great price?"...hahaha...(mormon pun)...no I'm not a Mormon..I get what you are saying, I too thought I had this girl figured out, I had thought the intrest was mutual. Well, I was wrong. kinda made me second guess my ability to read people.

15. Tribble puncher

:guffaw:

16. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I went on a few dates with this one girl until she told me she was still too into her old bf to date me. I know she wasn't lying because she started sobbing about it as she told me. Pretty fucking awkward, lemme tell ya...

17. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Go get two full sleeves of fake tattoos (maybe one on the neck for good measure) and ask her out again. It is the only way to be sure.

18. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

^ LOL!

At least you had a reason, no matter how silly seeming. Rejection without explanation is far worse, imho.

19. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

^I concur.

20. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Get a tattoo, on your rear, that just says "Your Name". Then you can say to her, or any other girl you meet in the future; "You're not going to believe this but I've got your name tattooed on my butt."