Columbia moving forward with new "Ghostbusters"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JacksonArcher, Sep 5, 2008.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

And no, it is not a remake, but a sequel that reunites all the original cast (Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson).

The Office
    co-executive producers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky have been set to write the script. Eisenberg and Stupnitsky are coming off having written a script for director Ramis.

No deals with the cast will be made until the script is ready.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=48564

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

hmmmm, should be funny

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Well, shit.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's cool, if true.

Here's hoping that they remember that the script is good enough to lure all of the actors back. I hope they keep in mind that it's a comedy first and foremost, and they don't soften it up too much for the kids. That's what went wrong with the last sequel.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So are they going to explain Egon's new body size and the disappearance of Louis as Egon ate him?

5. Spaceman Spiff

Also, if they want to make sure it's funny, they should keep Aragorn as far away from it as possible. :p

6. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

New GB movie, i hope this happens.

7. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

Well with the rumor that a new comic is coming out later this year (IDW...oh please, oh please, oh please) and the game pushed back indefinitely and maybe canceled, who knows what's happening to this franchise...

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, I just hope they give Ernie Hudson really equal status this time instead of treating him like an afterthought. The version of Ghostbusters I'm most fond of is the animated series (at least while Straczynski was its head writer), and there Winston was very much an equal, the most grounded, sensible, and in some ways smartest member of the team. So it bugs me that he seems to be a second (or fourth) banana in the movies. Indeed, I was angered a week or two ago when a crossword puzzle (New York Times, most likely) referred to the Ghostbusters as a trio.

9. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Will Murray consent to having a Peter figure (in his likeness) made this time? In the age of laser sculpting, it can actually be done right.

I always thought an excellent GB3 would be a serious adaptation of the Lovecraft eps from TRGB.

Murray : Why is it that, everytime something pretty much unspeakable has been rotting in a pit for like a billion years, some moron gets the bright idea to sacrifice his entire bowling team and wake it up?

Ramis : If not for those morons, neither we nor Joss Whedon could find gainful employment.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I hope Annie Potts comes back too. They gotta have Janine there.

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It will never happen because the actors will not join for it, they have said that countless times.

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Is this a live-action movie, or further movement on the previously mentioned animated movie?

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should bring back Peter MacNicol's character from the second film. He had a hilarious speaking voice.

"Why am I drippings with goo?" :guffaw:

14. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd say make a film about the aging Ghostbusters wanting to retire cause their sick of all the weird shit they have seen over the years and have been something of a public joke recently in the media heavy age of today with the internet etc....

A cameo by TAPS would be kinda funny, where they audition for the job but fail spectacularly. Maybe slimer is involved in screwing with TAPS o0r a TAPS like force.

Maybe then you hand it off to a bunch of unknowns who work together with the old guard to drive back a lovecraftian force, at the end fo the movie we get a montage of what all the olf ghostbusters are doing during retirement and the last scene is the new crew heading out to take down some malevolant ghosts.

15. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whatever happened to Rick Moranis? He was a funny guy who suddenly stopped making movies.

16. Spaceman Spiff

His wife died of cancer some time back, and he took time out of show business to raise his kids. Afterward, he said he discovered that he really didn't miss it.

17. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's a good dad, but I hope he'll return to acting someday when his kids are older.

18. Garth Rockett

Garth Rockett Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't get my hopes up for the original cast, at least not in a starring role. Here's what the Reuters report says:

I used to be somewhat disappointed in Ernie Hudson's smaller role in the films until I saw an interview with Sigourney Weaver where she said she saw her role in Ghostbusters as like Margaret Dumont in the Marx Brothers films. As I thought about, the parallel works out fairly well with Bill Murray as Groucho, Dan Akroyd as Chico, and Harold Ramis as Harpo.

Unfortunately for Ernie Hudson, he's stuck with the Zeppo part. So in that respect, it makes sense.

19. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd definitely be interested in a new Ghostbusters film. Loved the original (sequel was so-so but OK).

+1 Wouldn't be Ghostbusters without her! :D

20. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

+2 for Anne Potts....don't see enough of her frankly.