Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I just stumbled into the 1959 film "Li'l Abner" which features both Leslie Parrish (who appeared in Who Mourns for Adonais?) and Julie Newmar (who appeared in Friday's Child). I thought some of you might be interested in seeing clips with them, and maybe sharing clips you've run across of other guest actors who appeared in something you found unexpected or unusual.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    JonnyQuest037, lazarus+ and Qonundrum like this.
  2. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't seen it myself, but our own Miramanee played the bad girl on an episode of HAWAII FIVE-O:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lazarus+ likes this.
  3. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

The Man from U.N.C.L.E episode that starred both Shatner and Nimony in the same episode. But I'm sure most trekkies alreay know about that one. (its the episode that got me into TMFU)

kkt likes this.
  4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Somewhere back in the past here I have some threads with screen grabs of trek women in things like 5-0, Man from UNCLE and Mission: Impossible.

5. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

I don't know if it's surprising, but better than 2 thirds of The Outer Limits episodes have an actor from Star Trek.

My favorite is "The Expanding Human" with Skip Homeier, Keith Andes, and Jimmy Doohan.

6. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Bonanza seems to have been a place for many to show up on. Then again, I think all the main cast from TOS was on there as well. Easy to do, I guess, when over the years there were over 400 episodes.

7. Garrovick

Garrovick Commander Red Shirt

William Windom had an uncredited cameo in "Planes Trains, and Automobiles" as an executive of (I think) a cosmetics company who spent waaaay too much time looking over ad layouts. A short role but hilarious.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  8. CaptainDave1701

CaptainDave1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Dude!......you need to put some type of warning on this thread. It took me a while to snap out of the Newmar vid :bolian:

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As it happens, I'm currently renting that series from Netflix, and the Shatner/Nimoy episode, "The Project Strigas Affair," is the very next one I'm going to watch. I have seen it once before online, making it the only TMFU episode I've seen before the past couple of weeks, though I did see the '80s revival movie when it first aired.

Speaking of TMFU, I have been surprised by Jill Ireland's two appearances in the series so far, because with her shorter hair and the very different character she played, I could barely recognize her as the same person who played Leila Kalomi. I was also amused that her first episode, "The Quadripartite Affair," featured a heroic Harry Mudd and an evil Oscar Goldman. (I.e. Roger C. Carmel and Richard Anderson.)

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  10. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Didn't that also feature Colonel Klink?

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Werner Klemperer, yes. And it's directed by Joseph Sargent, who would later direct Shatner and Nimoy in "The Corbomite Maneuver." (And who would go on to direct Colossus: The Forbin Project and The Taking of Pelham One Two Three.)

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  12. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ricardo Montalban and Madlyn Rhue (Khan and Marla McGivers) played a couple on BONANZA in 1960. So STAR TREK was a little reunion for them.

Shaka Zulu and Commander Luskeen like this.
  13. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

Ricardo Montalban was also on TMFU.

I actually bought the enitre series a few months ago, but didn't get to far into it because I got deployed. :(

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  14. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Yeah...maybe some caution tape was in order.

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't have any clips, but it's fun to see Ian Wolfe (Septimus and Mr. Atoz) in WKRP in Cincinnati, as Mama Carlson's butler, Hirsch. He has a deadpan comedic delivery, plus great jabbing lines, that help him steal almost every scene he's in.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  16. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

Or John Hoyt (Dr Boyce) in many episodes of HOGAN'S HEROES - almost always as a Nazi general.

And speaking of The Cage, There are a couple of episodes of the the 60's version of DRAGNET where Peter (Jose Tyler) Duryea shows up.

Then there's the classic HAZEL with James Doohan...and the BEWITCHED hes in also.

Shaka Zulu and Six of Twelve like this.
  17. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I was glad to see in an episode of Kung Fu, that Kirk and Elaan had used the Guardian of Forever to find a home in the old west:

[​IMG]

... or (in a Mission: impossible) in the 1970s with Lenore:
    [​IMG]

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Sherry Jackson (Andrea the Android) looking breathtaking In a Wild Wild West episode:

[​IMG]

And a Starsky & Hutch:
    [​IMG]

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Majel in Westworld:

[​IMG]

Arlene Martel (T'Pring) in, I think, a Mission: Impossible:
    [​IMG]

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  20. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

She was in HOGAN'S HEROES a lot also - sometimes as the Underground operative 'Tiger' - grrr

Quite a few bit players spent a lot of time in the mid to late 60's at the various Desilu sites.

Shaka Zulu likes this.