actors testing for Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Jan 13, 2011.

1. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wait a minute... Mary Elizabeth Winstead is Mary Todd Lincoln? One of probably the least attractive first ladies ever? Kudos Hollywood. :techman:

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Trent Reznor and Jimmi Simpson? This could be the best movie in history! :rommie:

3. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a report today from Trent saying that his role was meant to be a cameo and a surprise. So I guess the media got it leaked or something.

5. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Reznor clarifies (AV Club):

"Basically, I came to my senses, realized that this project is asininely stupid, and pulled out before my dignity became permanently tarnished, much like David O. Russell and that Pride and Zombies abortion." :p

6. Admiral_Young

^ Why are you posting in here...I thought you were dead set against this movie? :)

7. Gaith

No, I'm undead set against it. :p

8. Char Aznable

Char Aznable Lieutenant Commander

:rolleyes: Jesus Christ, we get it. You like to try and bash concepts that are objectively brilliant and to deprive yourself of things that rule.

9. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

If I wasn't convinced by the premise - which I was - now I'm definitely convinced. :lol: No but seriously, chances for Mary Elizabeth Winstead in more ass-kicking action? That was the only thing lacking from Scott Pilgrim.

10. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

aw there was a part of me that woud have liked to have seen him do it... guess the bitchin from some of his fans scared him off.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

That means you're for it? :rommie:

Hey if Reznor doesn't want to join the party, his loss. I never pegged him for the "worried about my dignity" type...

12. Gaith

I'm only "trying" to bash the concept? You mean you want me to be even more derisive about such flim-flammery? :p

13. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]i'd love to see Robert Knepper of Prison Break & Heroes at least try out....He's a good actor, and i think has the look .

he's also not too short (almost 6 feet tall)

14. Admiral_Young

That's unfortunate Reznor dropped out. I'm curious about his comment that aspects of the project were changing at the time of the media leak.

15. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have yet read the book but I love the concept of this movie . and lincoln was one of my favorite presidents .He founded the greatest party ever the republicans . Now I gotta wonder how many more of his party are vampire slayers ?

you can'nt bash anything to see it or try or read it those who bash things before even trying are _____ .

16. Gaith

No, I'm dead set against it, and will remain so following my death. ;)

Reznor has an Oscar now; that sort of thing can change one's perception of one's self. You think that if Natalie Portman weren't expecting, that she'd still be interested in PP&Z after her Oscar win? Unlikely, I suspect.

and wat if they did a sequel in which lincoln and a ressitated Tomas Jeffersin fought of a ninja invasion that would be the best moviefilm ever

17. timothy

I would still give it a watch just to see if it is any good . I don't go by crittics . I go by what I like and will give all most anything a try .

18. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

And that is quite enough of that. Regardless of your opposing views, there is no cause for you to be mocking, so please step back from that line.

19. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Need I point out Ben Kingsley's turns in Thunderbirds and Bloodrayne?

Or Charlize Theron in Aeon Flux?

Or Michael Caine in, for example, Jaws 4?

20. timothy

ANY idea on a release date yet ?