‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Sgt. Pepper

Sgt. Pepper Lieutenant Commander

Are these people wearing Joker makeup?

Also, I watched the trailer a couple more times and I like it. It's a little too dark for me and I hope this movie has some lighter moments, but I like the concept. I still miss Christian Bale as Batman and I'm still not sold on Batfleck, but we'll see. As I said before though, I really like Cavel as Superman. I hope he stays close to how he was in MoS, character wise.

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fun? :p

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Optimistic? :p

Superman will probably tell the Justice League all hope is lost when Darkseid comes to earth.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

If you're talking visual darkness, that may be because this is a cell phone video of the trailer playing on a screen, so there's some quality loss. The real thing, when it's released, might be a little brighter.

If you're talking plot darkness, that's another matter.

5. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Looks like this will be the home run that Man of Steel was. Even with the terrible quality it looks like it's going to be fantastic.

6. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Masturbation is fun, but not a reason to avoid real relationships.

I've had fun watching about half the Marvel movies I've seen. They're like marshmallow peeps after a while.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Funny crossovers are one thing, but isn't Superman so powerful he could physically reduce Bruce to something not even remotely recognisable as human in a blink of an eye?

How is this even a fight? he snapped Zod's neck like it was nothing, and that was a trained Kryptonian soldier, Batman should take what, a three hundredth of a second to scatter over most of the Earth then?

Oh wait, the angst, that'll take about 5 hours to get through.

8. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Due to complex physical laws too hard to explain, Batman is just cooler so I absolutely bet money that not only does he not beat Batman, there is a scene in here where Superman is lying on the ground with Batman's boot on his neck.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fair enough, I myself have found some of the attempts with grimdark veneers to be a bit lacking (and not just comic movies).

Maybe somewhere between peeps and unsweetened chocolate.

10. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kryptonite is the only equalizer. I guess the armored batsuit could be constructed from wreckage of the kryptonian ships. But Supes broke up that device constructed of kryptonian metal while weakened as it was terraforming.

11. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, no contest. How Batman is going to defeat the MOS is with words. He is going to install what is missing from Superman, a sense of humanity. In the process Superman will teach the Bat something too, dealing with his angst and moving on.

Cue Southpark moment, "we both learned something today", lol, and roll credits.

At least, that's where I think this is heading.

12. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I still like the idea that a type of "kryptonite" was created as a result of the attempted terraforming in Man of Steel. The surrounding geology could have absorbed enough Kryptonian radiation to ensure that exposure to it would weaken Superman.

I don't know how they're portraying Luthor at this point, but clearly Bruce Wayne would have the resources necessary to acquire some of the affected rocks.

13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

6 Ways Batman Has Beaten Superman

Of course, if they team up eventually anyway, there's even more material to pull from there.

14. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

I saw someone point out that there wasn't a single scene in daylight or anywhere bright in the trailer. Literally grimdark.

15. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is one shot of Supes with the sun at his back.

16. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey Dennis, don't you think it is interesting the DC is making the gritty and dark movies while Marvel is making the lighter movies? Kind of a reversal from the comics.

For those talking about the Batman and Superman fight, there are numerous examples in the comics where Batman takes on Superman and through planning (cause he's the Bat!) manages to level the field.

17. Eduardo

Eduardo Captain Captain

And Warner has released it.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4[/yt]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, pretty much all of the linked videos have been pulled. Which actually kind of makes me happy, because I was determined to wait until the official release Monday.
    EDIT: Never mind, Eduardo posted while I was writing.
    EDIT2: Not bad. I just watched it, and it was interesting, but it didn't totally blow my mind like the trailers for the Marvel movies, Jurrasic World, Mad Max, or The Force Awakens. I'm not going to totally trash the movie based on this first trailer, but my reaction right now is meh.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

20. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Note that when the narrator says "turns men cruel" the trailer focuses on Batman's mask...