The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's been brought up in the thread. I think it's a case of just being in different cities for the first time in the trilogy and Nolan having more open extra calls, and the cities kind of showcasing the final movie as a tourist attraction. I'm not bothered by it but I do find it strange. The good news is that for those who don't want to be spoiled about plot not much has really leaked out. We've seen set footage and scene descriptions but we don't really know the overall context of those scenes in the overall film.

I compare it to TMZ and other blogs coverage of "The Amazing Spider-Man" production in Los Angeles. We saw a lot but don't really know the plot of the film.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think it's fun. They really aren't giving anything away that wouldn't have ended up being leaked in some other way.

3. Admiral_Young

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I think it's also interesting that she says this of Nolan:

"And I've got to say, I find it frustrating and I know he finds it frustrating, but I also think that he's having fun with it, kind of like spooning out secrets. He has a lot more control than you think."

5. Admiral_Young

Yeah I am pretty sure that the Nolan is fully in control of everything that is being released and knows about it. I look at the situation on this film's set similar to the complaints that fans and Steven Moffat have about spoilers leaking out on "Doctor Who". Except again in TDKR case I don't we will ever get major spoilers leaked out in terms of plot. It will just be images that fans and media will speculate on. I still feel it's been a similar thing to the previous two movies just with a more open set.

6. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Preemptive strike

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

9. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Joseph Gordon-Levitt and a camouflage Tumbler filming in the show in Pittsburgh.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_HSl_2c0A&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

I'm also editing a short documentary about my experiences being an extra on the set of The Dark Knight Rises and that should be online soon.

10. Admiral_Young

^ I Knew it!!! Can't wait to see it.

11. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm starting to think that maybe the military Tumblers are what they're using to try and catch Batman.

12. Samurai8472

I did post pictures of the turret tumbler but spoil hide them

The turret tumbler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know I always thought (as seen in Begins) that the Tumblers were just smaller tanks, but here it seems they kinda.. made them smaller? :confused:

14. Samurai8472

There was some questions about whether it was a mini tumbler for miniature shooting

SubaruWRXFan who's been providing 90% of Pittsburgh set video says it was full sized version

15. JacksonArcher

Here is a short documentary about my experiences traveling to Pittsburgh and being an extra on the set of The Dark Knight Rises.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxn3ZRiQMfI[/yt]

16. Captaindemotion

I'm not watching unless you can guarantee there is no footage of you in those Bat-undies.

17. JacksonArcher

I promise there is no footage! The undies aren't actually mine. They belong to a friend.

18. Captaindemotion

Ok, I'll watch

19. Admiral_Young

I enjoyed that documentary a lot JA. I'm glad that you decided to make one. I thought you had really good camera presence as well, your excitement shows through more than the exhaustion did!

20. Samurai8472

I smell sundance film festival material if you can stretch it out to an hour or an hour and 10 minutes

"Two batman fans journey to where TDKR is filming and hope to encounter Christopher Nolan. Hilarity ensues"

[​IMG]

"JacksonArcher get off my set!"

Spoiler on a new thing that has been spotted on a highway!!!

Batwing?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]