ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Voyager Ep Counterpoint (Season 5)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Defiant Obrien, Jul 28, 2013.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She was about to make out with that French magistrate guy in Prime Factors until Ensign Harry "Cockblocker" Kim decided he's rather interrupt and tell Janeway about the new tool he found than spend time with the chick who was all but throwing herself at him. That was in season one too, so... yeah "holding out for mark" logic rebuffed.

2. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

some people might take the opportunity to toss asside their vows and try to hook up. But I think for a lot of people it might take many many years to get to that point.

3. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Meh...if I take the VOY novels as canon, she gladly breaks that principle.

4. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

in the novel they hooked up once and at that point he wasn't under her command

5. Captain Kathryn

They end up together....not just hook up once, from what I got out of it. It was in the last chapter of the last novel. They are still "together" unless another book comes out and ruins it. Which I don't think will happen.

Also she was an Admiral and he was a Captain. Although not directly under her command, they were still colleagues. Also she shares quarters with him in that last scene of the book and I believe they both are working aboard his ship. I suppose that doesn't directly count as being under her command. It's a weird gray area.

But yes on the show she is clear about not getting involved with those under her command.

6. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

that's right there is another book! I forgot, haven't read that one yet. then I take it back, :bolian: (and now I got a major spoiler haha)

7. Captain Kathryn

Sorry, I thought you meant that book. I should have spoiler tagged. D:

Which book were you referring to? Full Circle?

8. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

no problem, I don't mind spoilers. I actuall downloaded that book a while ago and it's been sitting in my kindle. I guess I meant Full Circle then

9. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

If you're trying to develop a cloaking technology of any sort, wouldn't your own sensors be the first thing you'd make sure couldn't detect it? They're the ones most readily available for testing, after all.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well that's not a good idea if your government is riddled with enemy agents.

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes and LO! Pocketbooks gave 1/2 of the Janeway shipper fandom what they wanted and we were all in shock.

12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The books are receptive to their audiences wants. You have to give them that. ;)

13. teacake

Well I dunno.. not sure anyone actually wanted billions of people to die.

And where is MY shipper fantasy hmmm? Oh never mind, I know I'll never get it. I don't need it really, I'm content with the resurrection.

14. Guy Gardener

In Christopher's Department of Temporral Affairs novels Captain Daniels digs the gigadeath.

Janeway baiting the Borg is as necessary and unavoidable as Oswald shooting Kennedy.

Of course when Christopher wrote that, the attack hadn't happened in the real word yet as fiction, but inside fiction Daniels would have retroactively already known about the Borg Invasion in everything he had ever already been in years before the books in question were written or published in the real world.

15. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Were you on facebook the night we got a fan to photograph the last two pages with her I phone, while her husband was driving her home from work? There were a lot of shocked people for sure. Most fun I have had in ages.

16. teacake

Yes I was!!! It was super exciting and the most fun I've ever had on FB LOLOL

17. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Anyone who was under her command structure would be an abuse of power.

Egad, I hope you don't have a secretary.

18. Guy Gardener

Well, after he raped me...

19. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

We're talking Janeway here. She's 50000 + lightyears from Earth. It's her ship. She can do anything she wants. If anyone disagrees, she threatens them with a mutiny charge and a visit to the airlock. Because she can get away with it.

20. teacake