Build-Up to The Office Finale

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by trekkiebaggio, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, what an idiot, not getting to his connecting flight ninety minutes early.

2. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Reminds me of when my bus would leave early back when I had to take public transit to work/school every day. That really pissed me off. Watching your bus drive away 5 minutes early as you are trying to make it to the stop is infuriating. Especially when the next one doesn't come for 45 minutes. I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if it was a plane ride to a far away city where I had an important event.

3. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel like they really made us want to root for Dwight, with him acting like Jim's been his best buddy forever. I can see Jim's point of view on this and felt it was in his character to support Wallace's move to make Dwight the Regional Manager, but Dwight doesn't feel like Dwight. Every other time he's been close, he's been ready to clear house and torture everyone else.

I did love the "Assistant-to-the-Regional-Manager" comment by Jim.

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Hangover 3 I believe.

That episode kinda sums up the past few years of The Office, some good bits some really weird bits. I can't believe that actually had Andy crap on David Wallace's car. And trying to grope Toby was just weird.

5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm expecting a five second cameo.

7. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

Toby finally snaps, murders Michael and the show ends with his arrest and conviction.

Too dark? :D

8. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I still think it will end with him being the Scranton Strangler. :lol:

9. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This show has been off my radar for quite a while. It's sad though because it used to be appointment viewing for me. I'll at least catch the finale; hopefully tomorrow's episode as well.

10. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Prediction: Toby is revealed to be the Scranton strangler and Michael's cameo is a clip of him on a news show saying something along the lines of "I always knew he was evil."

11. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

That works.

Michael Scott: I told you! I told you!

12. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I like it.

:techman:

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That was another great episode. I'm really going to miss this show.

I just remembered something. Didn't someone on this thread keep saying that Jim was leaving the show before the end and that's why they were doing this divorce-ish storyline? Where did that come from?

14. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Here's how I would love the show to end.

Remember that episode with the obscene watermark, and Creed totally set an innocent girl up to be fired?

I want that girl to see that on the show, and then sue the company, forcing them to close the branch.

I like the way Dwight behaved when he finally got the manager position. It makes it seem like he grew over the last nine years. I think when he saw Jim talking to David Wallace, he assumed Jim was about to be offered the job. Then when David immediately called him in, he realized that David was asking Jim if Dwight should be manager and despite their rivalry he told him yes. So in that moment he lightened up and 'Got it'.

Edit: I've been power-watching Parks & Rec to see the early episodes I missed because the pilot sucked, and realizing just how much better a show it is than The Office. Such a well balanced cast, and Mark for Chris & Ben is the best trade in TV history.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  15. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that was me and I didn't say he was leaving before the end. I said he had only agreed to come back for a limited number of episodes this season. Therefore, they had to find a plot to explain his periodic but ongoing absences.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

But he was in every episode. He actually appeared a LOT more this year than the past couple. Jim and Pam quietly started disappearing from the show once they had the baby.

17. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

Another great episode (although I could have done without Andy).

Seems the series finale will be 6 months in the future after the documentary airs. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, although it does parallel the UK version in that way.

Although the setting seems like a perfect way to bring back past guests and hopefully some past regulars (Ryan, Kelly, etc.)

18. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The show is really going out with a whimper, the latest episode was dreadful. I barely laughed at the funny bits, and the feel-good parts were just generically sappy. When Pam played Jim's highlight video, my main thought was "How long is this going to drag out?"

A little Earth Wind & Fire can help anything, though.

19. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last night's episode was one of the few that I watched this season so I wasn't 100% about what was going on, but it was nice to see Dwight not acting like a tyrant as the boss, and I liked how Jim convinced him into making him his own assistant. The rest was pretty forgetable though, and I still hate Andy.

20. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

The Andy subplot was pretty weird. I'm not sure what they are intending with his character, I used to like Andy actually. But the (admittingly few) episodes I've seen this season, he's been all over the place.