"Farscape" shoutout on last night's Community

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by watermelony2k, Dec 4, 2010.

1. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

That might be the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

3. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

"Stargate's better!"

:rofl:

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

That was great!!!!

"I did pick up on it...I just really like talking about Farscape."

Great!

5. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay that was actually very funny. I remember people having theories like that about the Sabaceans.

6. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good to know there are some other Community fans on the board.

I think it's probably my favorite comedy on TV right now.

7. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

That was some great stuff, I enjoyed it when I saw the show on Thursday. It was nice being able to understand what they were saying.

My brother and I both watch the show... wonder if he got the reference?

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

but it's like the writer (Avib) didn't finish watching Farscape.

Those peace buggers with the third eye, they said that back in the day that they had to find a cop-soldier (Peacekeeper) which didn't have no beef with the locals about 20 thousand cycles earlier so they took a peek to see if there was anything living out past where even the goonies and hillbillies are too cool to habitate to discover if there was any new species which they could genetically modify the shit out of into something half decent.

Avib was just stealing off Planet of the Apes, Masters of the Universe and about a dozen episodes of Doctor Who and half the episodes of the Outter Limits ever made.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Wow! I'm impressed. I would have thought that a big-network sitcom would go with something more familiar to the average viewer, like STAR TREK or maybe even GALACTICA. But an extended riff on FARSCAPE? That blows my mind--in a good way.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

No joke. I generally expect people to have no idea what Farscape is, so this is hilarious. I wonder how many people watching Community even got the reference.

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Perhaps now I can convince my roommate, who is a big fan of COMMUNITY, to watch FARSCAPE. What a delightfully out of left field reference! :lol:

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

What I found particularly amusing about Abed's Farscape exchange in that episode was the fact that I'm preparing to start watching the entirety of the series for the first time very soon, within the next week or so.

13. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do it.

14. PsychoPere

Oh, no need for encouragement - it will happen. :) I already own the complete series set and The Peacekeeper Wars. I've previously seen most of season one, some parts of seasons two and three, and half or so of season four, as well as PKW.

Over the past few months I've been doing a Star Trek franchise (re)watch ("(re)" for the stuff I've seen, regular "watch" for the stuff I haven't), and I just finished up Deep Space Nine earlier today. Instead of jumping straight into Voyager, I'm taking a detour to finally see all of Farscape.

15. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It's a terrific series (though obviously I would say so). Going to start a thread about your re-watch? It could be fun.

16. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I Farscape rewatch thread from not long ago exists. I'm sure you could use that one.
    I myself got the series for cheap and plan to rewatch it eventually.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Okay, now they need to reference THE 4400 . . . .

18. PsychoPere

Hm, I don't know. I've seen such large sections of the show already that I don't know if I'd have anything interesting to say. I didn't even do such a thread for DS9, of which I hadn't seen much at all prior to watching it recently. I won't say rule it out entirely, but any time I have considered a thread like that in the past about other shows, I've decided against doing so based on the above reasoning.

19. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Well, even if you don't have a whole lot to say, it's certainly a good way to generate discussions about the episodes. And, since you've already seen the whole run, the inevitable spoilers that will split out won't be that big a deal.

20. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

It's ironic that when the other guy says "Stargate is better" you realize that eventually both shows share the same lead actors.