Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Six

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mr Light, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

How do we know Anakin is the father....:evil:

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Well it sure as heck ain't Jar Jar.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

That doesn't mean Anakin's memories have suddenly been erased from his head.

4. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It could be Clovis :)

(It would explain why Anakin seemed surprised that Padme was pregnant)

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    They haven't. He took a new identity and pledged himself to the Sith and their teachings, he didn't get a memory wipe from Palpatine to transform him into a completely different person with no remaining ties to his past. Vader just does his best to bury his old feelings and memories of his life before Padmé died and he became a cyborg.

Almost every EU novel both old and new that depicts Vader's inner monologue demonstrates that he remembers pretty much everything that's ever occurred in his life, but he treats Anakin Skywalker as an unpleasant shadow that he tries to avoid looking at.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

And that's fine. I'm just trying to say that Vader using the nickname "Snips" isn't out of the realm of possibility, especially if he's not really thinking about it.

Just because it might sound silly having James Earl Jones say "Snips" in his Vader voice doesn't mean that, in-universe, it couldn't/shouldn't happen.

7. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vader said many things, but he still killed the Emperor, saved his son and fulfilled the prophecy.

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Oh, I'm not disagreeing at all. I'm one of the people in this thread who doesn't mind the concept and actually posted my own idea of what the dialogue should be like! "Snips" shouldn't bother anybody. It only sounds silly from our point of view and as viewers who tend to see such real-life nicknames as childish or dumb, not from Anakin's/Vader's or Ahsoka's perspectives.

9. Buck Bokai

Buck Bokai Lieutenant Red Shirt

While I could easily be mistaken, it seemed to be that Anakin called Ahsoka "Snips" more in the early seasons of the show, but as they grew closer (and Ahsoka grew up), he called her more by her first name. If that were the case, it seems less likely that he'd call her that as Vader.

10. Rarewolf

There is one thing wrong in that description
    They don't meet up with Lando (they just talk via hologram) and he sends them in direction of his rather special protocol droid.

11. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

He also killed a bunch of kids, his wife, was burnt to a crisp and got turned into a Cyborg with a black dude's voice. Things like that change people.

12. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"When I was out there, alone, all I had was your training and the lessons you taught me. And because of you, I did survive. And not only that, I was able to lead others to survive as well."
    ―Ahsoka Tano, to Anakin Skywalker

Wow, there's some really great discussion all around in here. Rareworf, I am in awe that you were at Celebration. Have you spilled your guts about the Rebels premiere? Your personal reactions?
    :D
    The rest of us Loth Plebs have to wait 21 days.

They won't need the moment for Vader to call Ahsoka 'Snips' because he'll not be bested by her in a duel... Ahsoka should spend the run of Rebels trying to avoid close contact with Vader because he'll likely crush her (look at the power Vader uses in his strikes against Kanan in the S2 premiere trailer. They won't be able to hold him off for very long). Vader should feel exceptionally strong rage towards Ahsoka. She's using the abilities he taught her and it should stoke the fire! I do agree that dropping "Snips" would be a completely effective taunt, if he needed to.

If Disney can pull this eventual encounter off well, they'll be adding real myth to the saga.

From Wookieepedia (where else?)
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano/Canon
    In an interview with the official Star Wars website, Rebels co-creator and executive producer Dave Filoni stated that Vader wouldn't want a memory of Tano, a relationship that he considered a failure, and that he would be angry with her in a twisted way.

Check out the Crystal Crysis on Utapau story reels, if you're a Clone Wars fan who hasn't yet. :cool:

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  13. Rarewolf

Sure, it makes sense he would want to split the two. But all Luke's (and Padme's) beliefs there's still good in him prove right, all Vader's denials - there is no conflict - it's too late for me, son - are wrong - he's as much trying to convince himself as much as Luke.

I've always wondered what he dies of though. He could still stand after Luke chops off his cybernetic hand, so is it absorbing the Emperor's lightning? Its convenient really - he could not know any other peace.
    I didn't expect the reaction (or reaction reaction) to be in a Clone Wars thread:D I've only just caught up on those - buying the US copy on Blu there as its not on Netflix in the UK.

Rebels - It was quite something seeing
    Vader beat the hell out of everyone. And put the Fighter into TIE Fighter. He takes on the whole frigging Rebel fleet single handed. Seriously the way he flies it is like no ship in Star Wars has fought before, but is entirely logical considering its' shape.
    The problem is they can't do that every week. This shouldn't end well for at least half our Rebels.

Celebration itself is challenging. It was my third, but first US one. Next is in London :D

It was sold out. I got to do about a third of what I wanted to do. That did include the Rebels screening, Revenge of the Sith in 3D (though through a bitter irony my eyes were too knackered to really enjoy it in 3D anyway!) and on the last day - the first day I got to the main stage - the Rogue One panel, which is the one they didn't stream worldwide. They did mention crossover potential with Rebels since they are set near the same time period.

Last edited: May 30, 2015