The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Sep 16, 2011.

1. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

I believe the new Twiglett film's out soon lol

dJE

2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I said vampire's not what someone thinks of vamps or what ever they are. vamps don't sparkle they have magic rings.

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I have to agree with the general consensus this was a bit of a let down. IMHO, very big writing mistake, making Mikael out to be this big Uber-Ultra-Mega Bad-ass, and ginning up all that anticipation, and then they take him out like that? They could've gotten to the point they were at, at the end of the episode, in a different way, or they never should've built Mikael up the way they did. Cool twists and turns along the path of the episode, but, big mistake with Mikael, IMHO.

Why would you build some one up so big, and not even use them? I mean, they searched for him, woke him up, used him as a threat, he had one little scene with threatening the brothers to help him find Klaus (And of course the flashback), and then this episode? They should've at least spent some episodes showing him being badass, before this episode?

Looking forward to the return in January, though

4. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I just worry that the rest of season 3 is going to be the hunt (again) to find something to kill Klaus.

Let be someone be possessed by his cursing Mama and let it be done.

I want Elijah to kill him. I always wanted to know why Elijah left Klaus and began working against him.

Uncoffin the rest of the family and let them tear him to shreds. I just really don't care.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I wanna see Elena The Vampire Slayer do it...maybe she has some special doppelganger power that turns her into a badass when triggered by witchcraft. :lol:

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Not sure if I will be on later but...

“The New Deal” Official Description!
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9n3akls9YE[/yt]
    The Vampire Diaries - The New Deal Episode Preview

Can't wait! :D

7. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

so looking forward to tomarrow now that I am all caught up.

off topic:
    also can't wait for the new sy fy progtam the lost girl.

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Lost Girl is a lot of fun... I watch the Showcase broadcast, so I'm now roughly halfway through season two.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Thanks Jetfire, I had no idea it was coming back this quick, I thought it was still a couple weeks away. I woulda totally missed it if not for your post, and CW doesn't play on On Demand (Nor does BBCA), like most of the shows I watch

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The last new episode was something like Nov 10 so it's been on hiatus for awhile.
    Makes sense it would be among the first back as well.

Schedule permitting this could be the first VD episode I ever watch as it's broadcast.
    I got all caught up on DVD this year, just finished S3 till now over the Holidays.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looking forward to both this and The Secret Circle tonight.

12. Captain Craig

Is Ringer still on? I don't recall hearing about it's fate after mid-season.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^ RINGER returns Jan 10th. :)

No problem Sindatur! :bolian:

[edit] This was an Ok ep...wonder how long Jeremy with be gone. :lol: Based on the preview for next week it might be a slow start to things really pick up. :sigh:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
  14. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Way to write Jeremy and Rebecca out of the show for now.

Ditzy blonde and what's his name weren't around, either.

So who are Klaus's other relations besides his dead mom, dead dad, Elijah and Rebecca?

15. js

js Captain Captain

I thought that was a very sudden and odd way to write Jeremy out. The writers are generally more clever than a let's-reuse-a-familiar trick. I'm wondering if the actor got a movie gig last minute or something else happened that they had to do a quick write-off of the character. I expect him back by the season finale though. Probably just in time to get killed. Sigh. :( (I hope not of course - I always liked that there were a few non-magical humans still hanging in there - now it's just Matt and he's still probably going to keep seeing ghosts.)

But my very happy reaction to the Delena... moment... makes me realize I'm fully a Delena shipper at this point. Not that I was ever a Stelena shipper, but I tried to keep rooting for them initially.

EDIT: Oh, and the new potential for Alaric - yay - hope it doesn't end badly but the guy does have a track record. LOL

16. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Stefan's reason for saving Klaus is sketchy.

If all the hybrids had been compelled by Michael, it's debatable if they'd have gone after Damon if Klaus were killed, since they'd still be under Michael's sway. And if it was sire loyalty, would their sired loyalty remain after Klaus died?

Plus, shit, Damon and Stefan can take on an army of hybirds in their sleep.

17. Captain Craig

I agree I thought the departure of Jeremy seemed rushed. And as noted to reuse a tactic done first season felt half-hearted. I expect him to be used as a pawn by some baddie down the road...then killed. End of this season or early next would be my guess.

Also, regarding Jeremy and the vampire he shot at the door. Before he cut off the vamps head could they not have used the blood to heal Alric? I'm guessing the writers didn't want that cause they needed a way to introduce Dr.Hottie to Alric who I suspect will be a new romantic lead for him, with Jenna dead and all. I do like his character so if the love angle idea of mine is correct then coupled with why the rings magic is faltering are two storylines to keep Alric around.

Keeping with the theme of "reused ideas" how about the Damon/Elena kiss on the porch steps. Only this time it is Elena.

I need more Rebecca, boo on her being out of the picture.

Stefan's motives are unclear and I agree with Damon somewhat that he isn't "diaboical enough to out wit Klaus". Not sure if the writers don't know what to do or it's murky on purpose.

18. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I expect him back in two or three episodes, he'll probably run into Katherine. It may take longer for him to return to Mystic Falls, but I doubt he'll miss many episodes in a row.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Sorry Captain Craig I read somewhere it was the 10th for RINGER and according to the CW site it is the 31st. http://www.cwtv.com/shows/ringer/episodes

[edit] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ringer_episodes

:(

20. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I find that Klaus does not irk me as much as he used to. I guess because his dad was a real dick. (That made me pity him a bit.) Plus he also gets points for killing mommy. He is odd. He seems to really love his family but he values control more. I was actually sad for him when he had to re - dagger Barbie Klaus. Also, he seems to be very willing to use his power to get what he wants. I can applaud that.

Jeremy's departure from the canvas was very abrupt. I do like how they used Jeremy and Tyler's weird relationship to show Tyler that not all is sunshine with daddy Klaus. I think the sequence of events was a wakeup call for hybrid number 1.

Stefan is not diabolical. When he tried to outwit Klaus before, he lost. He needs to stick to the brooding. But we do have the answer to one of the show's central questions. The love of Stefan's life is Damon.

I wonder what is up with the rings?

We know that Elijah is in one of the coffins. Of the family we know that Michael is toast. Witch mommy was buried by Klaus with Elijah and Rebecca as witness. A younger brother died by wolf attack.

I wonder if the family member in the sealed coffin is a witch? Rebecca said that you could not be a witch and a vampire. The dream that Bonnie keeps having shows Klaus in a coffin with his mother's necklace. That necklace was her talisman. However, if a witch why the coffin treatment? The only reason I can think of is that Klaus likes symmetry and coffined everyone.