MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Matt Harvey took a no-no into the bottom of the 7th...then Morneau hits a HR. :scream:

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, I don't see why not. It may be unwise. He may have to give a refund (not sure about that), but he can do what he wants with who he lets in as long as he isn't breaking any laws.

3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I don't know about that; Chase Field is very clear about its rules of conduct:

I don't think anyone could really make a case that Dodgers gear is obscene or indecent.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a jerkish move to say the least. When you have a sign right next to that area trying to desperately sell season tickets, you should be thankful for whomever's buying your tickets, visting team fans or not. Fans of the visiting team have every right to buy any ticket they want to. If the manager finds that so offensive, he just needs to be honest and prohibit sales.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

I love how one of the things Kendrick offered those fans was a round of drinks. Which are already included in the suite... /facepalm

As for the 'gift' of D-backs gear: They should have worn it inside out. :p

6. R. Star

Just another rich person acting like they're doing you a favor when you buy their product. I really hope D-back ticket sales decline because of this.

7. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I have this terrible feeling a lot of pitchers will be doing that against the Twins this year.

I'm almost glad today's game is postponed (snowing again and rain expected later). Maybe a day off is what they need to end their skid.

8. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I have been away from my computer for a few days and with the whole Carlos Quentin/Greinke mound charging I wanted to post this as my favorite "charging" of the mound video. It's from Japan and very, very funny.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzLJ0G3NBFY[/yt]

9. Timby

The Cubs have signed Kevin Gregg to a minor-league contract. [​IMG]

10. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Gio got jacked today. That guy wears his emotions on his sleeve. His mini temper tantrums on the mound today didn't do him any favors. I don't know what happened to the Nationals bullpen. They were really solid last year. It seems like the whole team is having trouble throwing strikes and keeping the ball in the yard. Between that and Zimmerman throwing the ball all over the place this team might be a victim of buying into their own hype a little too early. That being said it is really early so they definitely have time to settle down. Just a really odd series all around.

11. R. Star

Again? Maybe Joe Borowski or LaTroy Hawkins is available too. :p

12. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

It's still early in the season. Although, I do think there is something wrong with Zimmerman's hand. However, I am glad to see the Bravos get off to a great start, for once.

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Braves are on absolute fire. What do they do when Freeman and McCann come back. They can't tell Gattis, thanks but the stars are back and you have to go to the bench, can they? He's probably been one of the top stories in baseball this early season.

As for the Giants, nice series win in Chicago, but man what a wild game and series this was. From the weather, to the come from behinds, and everything in between. Giants were lucky to win this series, as the Cubs deserved that win today. Oh well, on the Milwaukee.

14. Timby

Thankfully, the latter will not happen:

[​IMG]

15. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Luckily Billy Koch is still available!

16. Timby

In other news, Carlos Quentin has decided to drop his appeal of his suspension and will begin serving it immediately, presumably because he didn't want to be part of the series against the Dodgers that starts tomorrow.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you turned the movie Unbreakable into baseball, Bruce Willis would be Cal Ripken Jr. and Samuel L. Jackson would be Jose Reyes.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

"Gardy goes yardy" :guffaw:

Gotta love those Sterlingisms...

19. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I honestly don't know what they do. Gattis is not going to play first base. Freeman has that spot anchored. McCann is the kind of guy that is screaming DH to me. Maybe the Braves dangle him out there for the AL. I'm happy with Gattis but there is still a lot of time before McCann comes back. He could fall back to Earth kind of like Francoeur did when he first came up. Time will tell. Its a good problem to have though.

20. Timby

It's important to remember that we're only two weeks into the season: Small sample size, my friends. At this time last year, Bryan LaHair had a 1.119 OPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.