Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Clark appears to buy his pants from the same store as Bruce Banner.

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, that is one dark and gritty looking Clark Kent.

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, the Superman suit may be padded but I'm not sure where - gods know Cavill doesn't look like he needs it. He's got to be the most muscular actor to play this part by a country mile.

I like the shirtless pics. It's a good look for Supes. ;)

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Inside Lois Lane's head:

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ LOL. Ace Reporter Lois Lane!! I still remain unchanged in my excitement for this film and eagerly continue to await the first teaser trailer and poster. I doubt anything like this will come this year. I think we've discussed a few possibilities in this thread but I can't see a trailer coming until first quarter next year.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The Clark/Superman thing could be solved by having Superman rush in and rush out of the action, giving nobody time to take a closer look at him or even think about taking a closer look at him.

7. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Get rid of the stupid suit and let him wear a red/blue Superman-speedo as his costume. They can explain that it's the traditional kryptonian armor yellow sun variant.:drool:
    It would also once and for all explain why nobody recognizes Clark as Superman, "His face? Uh ... I think he had one ... next time I'll look at his face, I swear!".

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Early in the Byrne reboot, Lois remarks (more than once, IIRC) on the fact that Kent is really built. In this version everyone knows that he was a star football player at Smallville High, as well.

That's what they're doing wrong in the DC relaunch - they should get rid of everything but the red Speedo...:lol:

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

In some of the pics of him in the suit, when you blow them up, you can see the suit is see through, and it's so thin and form fitting, really, the only difference in him wearing it, or simply wearing a speedo is the color of the skin, and wether the hair is visible or not

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

@JarodRussell you're describing The Blur!

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

12. Takeru

I love the chest hair, so I still vote for the speedo or full length pants. I'm really happy they didn't wax his chest.

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Are you kidding? This is hollywood. It'll be cgi'd out.:lol:

14. Takeru

I will NOT watch the movie if they do that ... no, that's not true, I will watch the movie, but I will bitch about the missing chest hair until everyone's ears are bleeding. Worst use of CGI ever!

15. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

According to some folks here, inside Clark Kent's head:

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think there's still clearly padding in the suit (especially noticable in the weirdly flat abs), but it's only enhancing what he already has, and not trying to give him something that he doesn't.

17. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've always been fond of the never-run-with idea that Superman just doesn't have body hair. It would completely obviate all that nonsense about how he shaves with a mirror and his heat vision, which doesn't even make sense. X-rays would, I believe, not be reflected by most commercial mirror material. Maybe Clark made his own platinum-silicon carbide mirror.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go give myself a swirlie.

18. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

So essentially the 1978 movie again?

Everybody and his mother knows the origin of Superman, but since it has Zod it would be good to see him say "you will kneel before me! if not you, then one day, your heirs!!" :lol:

19. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

What kind of weights does a Kryptonian need to push to get these muscles?

20. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

I'm "the one you least suspect" hasn't worn thin. Even though Clark has a different personality to Superman, come on their both the same height, same facial features, even very similar vocal patterns lol...