If you owned one item of Treknology

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Melakon, May 8, 2013.

1. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TOS: Mudd android
    TNG: Holodeck
    DS9: Solar sail ship
    ENT: Porthos
    VOY: hmmmmm...

2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

It's easily a replicator for me.

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, a replicator. "Gee, who knew that old shoebox in my attic would just so happen to contain $10m worth of rare baseball cards?! I wonder if my grandmother's old jewelery box has anything of comparable value..."

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

:techman: :beer::bolian:

When I started the thread, I saw mentions of DS9, a Klingon bird of prey, and a runabout. Unless I missed someone, I think you're the first to mention an Enterprise. I thought it would be one of the earliest answers.

5. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I dunno... you'd be hosed pretty fast unless you had O'Brien around to help integrate Cardassian, Bajoran, and Federation technology (not to mention argue with the computer).

And when you take possession, make sure you rip out all the neurozene gas emitters and embedded recordings of Gul Dukat (in case of Bajoran revolt).

6. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I'd want the NCC-1701

7. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I would like to upgrade my bird-of-prey to the Enterprise-E. With alot of post-Nemesis upgrades. First of all the bridge needs more shielding and increased armor. And additional replicators devoted to weapons production. So that I NEVER RUN OUT OF TORPEDOES.

8. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

Well if we're allowed to choose whole ships, I think I'll pick a Galaxy-class starship. Sure the Sovereign class has a lot of nice updated tech, but I grew up with good ol' 1701-D. I still think the Enterpise D is the most beautiful ship in Starfleet, inside and out.

9. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

Rayna Kapec.

10. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

Doesnt a holodeck have a replicator built in?

If not, can I get a holodeck and replicator without taking a whole ship? Is power included? If not, you would almost have so take a ship/shuttle. What about maintainance? Does Data count as a piece of technology?

11. LoneDragon

It just occurred to me that things like holodecks and replicators would require not just a lot of power, but also a sufficiently advanced computer that is capable of understanding what you're asking for. Otherwise, youd spend way too much time just programming the damn thing!

12. Third Nacelle

Yes, a holodeck can replicate things. If not, you'd have a really unpleasant time leaving the holodeck if you ate something in there.

13. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Big box full of Harry Mudd's venus drug, it would be great for club night, no make up, no screwing with my hair, pop one and go.

And maybe drop them in some people's drinks too.

:)

14. LoneDragon

Then I choose holodeck with power source and computer...and preprogrammed holo-engineers for maintainance(and the EMH). Replicate holo-emitters(a la Voyager), so that the engineer can be outside the projectors...seems like a good set up!

15. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Both of these. My cerebral palsy makes driving impossible, and the only thing my cooking results in are fires instead of, you know, actual food, so these would be perfect.

Phasers would be good for keeping those neighborhood pests (for some reason, the neighbors call them "pets". Don't ask, I don't get it either) off my lawn, and the phasers would take care of any 'evidence", if you get my meaning, which conventional weapons would, unfortunately, leave.

16. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can see a replicator or holodeck being a feasible Star Trek technology for the future (forget warp speed and transporters). I assume given the replicator that you can only replicate WHAT IS KNOWN, so forget about producing phasers, tricorders, holoemitters, etc. The holodeck would be tempting, but with the replicator you could fabricate precious gems and metals to become fabulously wealthy. Yeah, replicator all the way. ;)

17. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Listen, if you're going after talentless sitcom actors, you need a more appropriate tool. A Varon-T disruptor comes to mind.

18. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Does Seven? :devil:

19. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

While we're on the subject of Treknology, does anyone have any idea how sonic showers work, and how they're supposed to be better than regular showers (other than avoiding water waste)?

20. Third Nacelle

If I had to guess, it's that the sonic vibrations help send uplifting messages to the cellular nuclei, thus alleviating cellular boredom. ;)