Defending J.J. Abrams (rant) (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by xconstaud, Aug 28, 2013.

1. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

I will go out on a limb and declare that in the next movie, transwarp beaming won't even be mentioned.

I actually like the blue. :confused:

2. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like the blue nacelles, they are quite evocative of the refit Enterprise. On the other hand red bussard collectors wouldn't have looked bad either.

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Not to mention the Star Trek Online content "Path to 2409" and "Legacy of Romulus". How do the bullshit claims of a bunch of random people on the internet somehow outweigh the explicit intent of the creators of the films?

4. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Has it been a week already? My! How time flies...

Not fer nothin', and I know that 'Box Office Bomb' has been bandied about these boards a lot lately like a re-imagining of 'Chicken Little', but NEM was a Box Office Bomb. And coupling it with the early demise of ENT on TV, Trek was at its lowest point since TOS' cancellation in 1969.

IOW, Trek was dead.

But the prime universe has continued in games and novels. I have a library of DVD's and BD's that haven't magically disappeared because of Abrams new timeline.

But FILMED prime universe stuff? It was dead before Abrams came into the picture (ha!). It died in '04. The 'hardcore angry fans' of today didn't bother to come out and support it, so it died.

I'll leave this with the professionals here...

That's fine. That's why there are so many different flavors of Trek. Some like 'this', but not 'that'. What's popular now may not be in existence in a few years when new faces and talents get hold of the Trek brand. And the arguing will happen all over again, the knashing of teeth and remembering the 'good 'ole days' of Trek.

I agree. Don't buy into something you don't like. I never preferred VOY or ENT. Still don't.

I'll offer one better: I also don't spend time complaining on their boards about my dislike of something they enjoy. Live and let live, IDIC and all that. There's pleny 'o Trek fer everyone.

And it makes me quite a happy penguin, tyvm. :)

"Be the 'Star Trek'"