Shipper war: Spock/Uhura or Spock/Chapel?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by DevilEyes, Jun 28, 2009.

?

Which pairing do you prefer...

1. Spock/Uhura

48 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Spock/Christine Chapel

11 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. someone else - I prefered episodic love interests who weren't part of the crew

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. I don't want Spock to have a love interest at all

11 vote(s)
    15.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

See The Search for Spock for the answer... :vulcan:

2. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Because Spock was her mentor - sort of half teacher, half uncle (and I think there is speculation, though I don't know how cannonical, that he might have been more closely related than that?) Yeah, it really would have been kind of icky, IMO.

3. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We've gotta be honest here though. There is ST:III, but to me that didn't really count as it was more a matter of survival than of romance.

4. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know about him being related to her, but I know that they never seemed to have any romantic interest in each other that we know of - not on screen, anyway - and Saavik did it with a teenage resurrected Spock only to help save his life. And not only was he a teenager physically, but since he was without his katra (living spirit) and he grew up into a teenager in a matter of hours and days, all alone on the Genesis planet, without having any chance to develop mentally according to his physical age, he was mentally and emotionally a baby for all intents and purposes. That alone is more than enough to make it very icky as far as I'm concerned. :eek: :vulcan:

5. JustKate

^ Oh, yeah. Icky. On so many levels.

6. diftorhehsmusma

diftorhehsmusma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i'm..... not sure i wanna see this movie. :wtf:

7. Agenda

Ya know, they actually do marry in the books. But thankfully, a lot of crap happens in the books that ain't canon. With all due respect to the author.

8. Agenda

It's not required.

9. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

I've watched the movies and read the book referred to but was unaware of the possible family ties. *runs away to hide and rethink whole dern thing*

How close is the alleged tie? Is he an uncle or cousin or is Saavik another secret/hereunto unknown sibling?

10. JustKate

^ Well, I could easily be wrong, but...

I thought there was some speculation that he was her father...but I am going by memory here. I haven't seen or read anything that indicated this myself. And as we know, a lot of this 'is he/she or isn't he/she?' stuff is extremely speculative. Or perhaps "imaginative" would be a better word? ;)

Personally, I think the mentor/semi-uncle thing makes it icky enough, but maybe that's just me.

11. Rackon

Rackon Commander Red Shirt

EEK!! :eek: Wild is right. I've read a lot of Star Trek books and I've NEVER come across that!

The best source for info on Saavik's origins are contained in the novel The Pandora Principle, which I highly recommend. Saavik is indeed half-Romulan half-Vulcan, born and stranded on the aptly named planet Hellguard but...

her father couldn't possibly have been Spock.

Spock does indeed act in loco parentis to a young Saavik in that book - it's quite touching and lovely. He makes quite the charming tutor and mentor. I will say no more except to urge you to read the book.

In the novel Vulcan's Heart, an adult Commander Saavik weds Ambassador Spock. Strictly an adult relationship. Not icky at all.

I watched The Search for Spock last night. Following on the events of TWOK as it does, and featuring so many fun moments for the original cast, I have to say I like it FAR better than almost every TNG movie, and WAAAAY more than the ST-V and ST-VI. (V makes III look like Citizen Kane.) The final moments are very moving. Don't be afraid of it -TWOK and TSFS makes an excellent double bill - TSFS is essentially the continuation of II.

I'll admit that the designs for the Vulcan costumes and sets are tres tacky however. Wouldn't you know that Abrams guys finally got a great look for Vulcan - and then they blew it up.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  12. 1bulma1

1bulma1 Lieutenant Commander

based on this poll and fanfictions, spock/chapel dont stand a chance..........................the true ship war is between spock/uhura and spock/kirk.
    Am not a slasher,I read spock/kirk bromance and spock/uhura roamnce

13. 1bulma1

1bulma1 Lieutenant Commander

and speaking of popularity ..........................S/U love affair is so popular that even the simpsons did a paraody of it.+[​IMG]

14. Nerd unRage

Nerd unRage Commander Red Shirt

Wait, there's a Simpsonized version of ZQ/nuSpock? :eek::techman:

I really need to start watching that show again.

15. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Yup. There was a thread about it, I think. I'll close this one, though - a year and a half is quite a bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.