Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Even though the Arcangel bit was predictable, it was still seriously awesome.

And you'll be able to go into other areas of the Citadel later in the game.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

My first play through save was with a paragon female soldier and that's the first one I intend to import. Second time round I'm planning on using her again, but change he class to Vanguard, since I gather you can alter anything aside from gender and past decisions.

I think they've really hit on something with character importing as the different iterations one can explore on repeated plays are going to be mind boggling. You could have a paragon that goes renegade in the 2nd part only to go paragon again in the 3rd, a renegade that redeems themselves only to go under again etc. etc.

I don't think there are any RPGs around that have this level of replay value.

I preferred female Shepard too (though finding a hairstyle that works is a bit of a challenge.) To be fair to Mark Meer though, Jennifer Hale is a MUCH more experienced voice actor. Just have a look at her IMDB entry; Aayla Secura, Killer Frost, Giganta, Naomi Hunter, Samus Aran, Avatar Kyoshi, Bastila Shan, Black Cat...to name but a few!

3. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked it because of how it was predictable. If you played the first ME, than it makes sense for the character and you can put the pieces together yourself. It was rewarding character progression.

4. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

I'm a soldier but you can unlock a lot of biotic powers (slam, warp, pull, etc.) so it's not as "pure" a class as it used to be.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I agree.

6. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

Did you talk to Captain Bailey and get your security clearance reinstated?

Edit: Also some of the levels (like the factory) won't open up until specific quests. You should be able to talk to Anderson right away though.

7. TheBrew

Is that the guy voiced by Col. Tigh? Cause I did get him to reverse my status from dead to alive.

8. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

Shepard didn't seem surprised by it either (at least FemShep). Made me feel a bit daft when I didn't figure it out until moments before charging over the bridge (and boy did I hope I was right given Archangel's handy-work). :lol:

9. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

That's the one. My only other guess would be to read the letter from Anderson on your personal station on Normandy (you shouldn't have to; I saw him before I read it). At the very least it will reload the level.

10. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

It suxed. It was boring the action is boring the game play is befuddling.

The best part was seeing MY Sheppard in the New Game. Lorenzo Sheppard. We should take pictures of our people and compare them on the site.

I saved Kaiden and played the guy. I never liked Ashly. Better to have a best friend than an alien hating woman on your side. I took the Alien woman...she was softer and more womanly...Liara.

Spoilers:

The destruction of the Normandy was NOT exciting. Dynamic YES. Exciting NO. We didn't know why any of it was happening, this was not the way to intro ME2 with no emotion attached to the destruction of the ship. Destroying the Enterprise D had more feeling...(almost none)

Rather this just came off as weak. The enemy beam seemed weak. Normandy's pilot litterally manuvered her straight into a beam.

That's not my only complaint either.
    I get the feeling there are going to be a host more contrivances in this game.
    Tali shows up almost...IMMEDIATELY as well as Garrus.
    Joker joins Cerberus....

There are problems with this story already.

-Have I said the facial graphix are worse not better?
    -Why does Jacob have the biggest DENTURES in the Galaxy and the smallest waist?
    -What is up with the X-Files Smoking Man eerrrr. I mean Illusive Man? His face is just unnatural....scarey....odd.

-Normandy is not attractive anymore. Looks like a little Piggy now.
    -What's with the AMMO running OUT!!!
    Ammo is supposed to be unlimited (virutually) A small mass shaved off the block and caculated by the weapons computer and accelerated to make up for the small size.
    Having ammo SUX!!!!

-GOD ALMIGHTY....Why did they change the controls!
    Why did they change so much OFF of this hit game?

AND THE CURSING?!!!
    "F" BOMBS?! really?! S.O.B?! That's what was missing from the awesomeness of Mass Effect? "F" Bombs are an enhancement tool now in Good Game making?

Com'on guys, the Greatness of Mass Effect wasn't it's grit and CRUDENESS (as much as some will eat this up) It was the adventure. It appealed to me because it asked you to chose...to be moral or not to be morral. But it never went over the edge.

Is full frontal nudity coming next?

11. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's good to know. My primary run through on ME1(PC) was on relatively low detail so I wouldn't mind giving Shep a minor facelift.

12. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Got my import charactor to work at at last....as for the game , its not up to much, very boring, graphics are quite poor and the vooice acting is subpar, i gave up after a hour of play.

GOTHA!!!!!......No but what a game, its fantastic, its a massive living breathing sci-fi universe and its all yours, the characters and story really do just drag you right into it, i cant put it down...

Big improvement on the first are the loading times, vastly improved, the texture pop up we had in the first game has gone, and the graphics themselves have been polished to within a inch of their lives.

And that's it, i cant and don't want to say any more and spoil anything for anybody.

Fantastic game, and i have not even scratched the surface of it yet.

10/10

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I'm about 20 hours into the game (doing all the side missions) and I'm absolutely loving it.

On the technical side of things, I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice the game runs on my PC. I have a C2D E8200 (2.66Ghz) with a GeForce 9600GT and 4GB of RAM and it runs smoothly at 1680x1050. I can't say the same for the first game.

14. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought you had a old HP 1 gig PC that you were having trouble running the Star wars game, you been holding out on us.

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I assume that wasn't directed at me. ;)

16. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

Hopefully should have the funds for it to buy it tonight, if not, buying it tomorrow.

Can't wait :D

17. TheBrew

I just want work to be over so that I can go play the game. Sigh...

18. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

should i play thru the first game, first, before i play this game? Or do you guys think it will matter?

19. crouteru

crouteru Captain Captain

I was wondering this too. It looks really good from what I've seen, but never played the first one...

20. TheBrew

While not necessary, I fully recommend you play the first game to get the full impact of this game.