Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

148 minutes of potential awesomeness :) Interesting. "Batman Begins" was 141 minutes.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

You know all this superhero costume change discussion makes me wonder...

Does anyone know why they changed Batman's outfit from the one Morrison gave him, I mean I don't think he even had it that long so it feels like that changed it then changed it again. It was kind of weird.

Or is it some kind of general everybody gets a new look for the reboot thing except apparently Flash and Green Lantern.

3. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When God closes a codpiece, he opens a boob window.

4. Admiral_Young

House of UIster or someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Jim Lee is responsible for the all of the redesigns of the characters in the New 52 relaunch. I don't think we ever got a proper explanation for Batman's suit change, except that it was just a general widespread change. What's funny though is that now in flashback stories (even in Batman Incorporated) he's shown to be still wearing his "Tron" outfit as I like to call it. We know Bruce has all these suits...I think even the suit vaults have shown in the cave still...but they kept have shown him wearing this one particular design lol.

5. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Which is why they all have the same Nehru collar.
    He's an awesome artist. Designer, not so much.

6. Admiral_Young

Agreed. Also not a very good plotter either.

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I like the Nehru collar, but every hero having one doesn't make much sense.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

They were redesigned somewhat as well.

Of course, Hal's outfit had already been revamped as part of the "Rebirth" storyline by Geoff Johns. The redesign was mainly to eliminate the green crotch area of his outfit that made it resemble a leotard over tights - the equivalent of getting rid of Superman's red Speedo.

That was about nine years ago and no, of course the design hasn't reverted to the so-called "classic." :cool:

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually like a lot of his redesigns. The problem is he's about the only one who can draw them right.

I'm a huge fan of the new Superman costume when Lee draws it, but somehow everyone else makes it look awful and ridiculous as hell.

11. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some news from a WB MoS screening

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/sco...-action-and-superman-kicking-all-kinds-of-ass

12. davejames

Well that certainly sounds promising. Especially after the early rumor that the movie wasn't turning out so well.

13. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Can't wait for this one. Easily my most anticipated movie of the year.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Sounds like a plant. But I actually don't think it's a plant. I'm willing to believe this is for real.

15. davejames

I actually think the so-called "plants" out there would know better by now than to describe something as "the best movie of the year." That would usually be a pretty big tip-off.

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Yeah. I think it's a genuine piece of gushing! And I'm willing to believe that the gushing is merited!

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So far I haven't been disappointed by anything I've seen, so I can see where this praise could very well be appropriate.

18. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The more I see about this movie, the less I want to see it. I guess Nolan got his brooding, dark idiot type of hero into a fourth movie. The Dark Knight 4: Man of steel. I just hope the guy playing Superman has a better superhero voice. Maybe he'll go super high pitched, to counter Bale's idiotic voice. Even better, a large part of the movie seems to be used for his origin. Thats great, because Superman is such an obscure character that he really needs his origin told, because who besides super comic fans know the origin of Superman :klingon: I have the feeling that Superman 4: The Quest for Peace is no longer going to be the worst Superman movie.

19. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Some but not all it seems. :p

20. davejames

Nah. I'm pretty confident that Superman IV will ALWAYS be the worst Superman movie.