"Peanuts" review thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Thats kinda harsh about Christopher Tolkien, he's been a good steward for the Tolkien's. Now if you used Brian Herbert, there is man who prostituted his fathers work.

2. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

This movie rates as the most pleasant surprise of the year. I didn't think much of the trailers either way, and I was dubious about rendering these characters in a computer-animated format, but I saw it after it got such positive reviews, and I enjoyed it all the way through. This impression was no doubt enhanced by having to sit through the trailer for Alvin and the Chipmunks: Road Chip beforehand, which provided a vivid picture of how badly this could have gone awry. The worst part of going to see movies aimed at younger audiences is the trailers for bad children's movies that accompany them.

The people who made this know exactly why people like these characters and what they want from them. They do a good job of incorporating the more familiar comics setpieces into a workable narrative (they even save the football gag for the credits, which is unexpected). It's also confident enough in the material to be fairly low-stakes.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, I remember seeing some really dumb-looking trailers... I guess it must've been before Inside Out. The one that stood out for me as the most :wtf::vulcan::wtf: was one about the little wooden "players" in a foosball table coming to life and helping some kid save his town or something.

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Agreed with both of you guys. The Alivn and the Chipmunks trailer seemed to highlight a lot of fart jokes and poop jokes. Something this movie could have easily exploited, since that is apparently what Hollywood thinks kids wants. I'm so glad they took the high road though.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Got to admire that philosophy.

6. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed that Bill Melendez was credited as the voices of Snoopy and Woodstock. That was confusing, as I'd heard that he died. Turns out they used his old voice recordings instead of creating new voices. That's really cool.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That is very cool. Sounds like the people behind this movie really had respect for their source material.

8. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

That's neat! Glad that they were able to do so.