The Vampire Diaries & The Originals

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Taylirious, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Everyone knows Bonnie is "dead". Yes!

Matt knows he has a "Passenger" and needs to protect that knife. Yes!

Stefan realizes Damon & Elena suck. Yes!

Anyway...surprised to see Tyler. And another Birdy - Without A Word song for a funeral. :(

2. Taylirious

The Originals...

So the whole reason they are there was based on a lie. LOL.

3. js

js Captain Captain

Moonstone, anyone?

But whatever, it's still staying interesting and I like the emphasis on this show on family vs romance, although the moment between Elijah and Haley was... wow! :D

Then again, all moments with ELIJAH!!!!! are wow. :D

4. Taylirious

Speaking of Moonstone it seems we are at it again on TVD with this Anchor.

Damon is a moron. Kat has a daughter and they both seem smart enough to deal with Silas...guessing she had vamp blood in her system...Kat is too smart just to show up at the Salvatore's house with Silas wanting her.

Tyler is off to take on Klaus...maybe it was him looking after Hayley.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finally got caught up on these after falling behind a couple weeks, and I am still enjoying them both quite a bit. I think I'm enjoying this season of TVD more than I did the end of last season.

6. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does Elena have a fireplace in her dorm room?

7. Taylirious

The Originals - Well they made Marcel look strong but looks like that is short lived. I am liking Davina. Klaus seemed more worried than he should by Cami's threat.

8. Taylirious

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool.
    This week is a TVD/TO crossover, which will feature a confrontation between Klaus and Tyler. I'm wondering if Haley's wolf is going to turn out to be Tyler.

10. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

At first I assumed the wolf protecting Haley would turn out to be a member of her family. Marcel ran the werewolves out of the Quarter and into the Bayou.

But, Marcel did toss out a throwaway line about how could a wolf change when there was not a full moon? Tyler is a hybrid like Klaus and can change at will. That coupled with Tyler's get Klaus campaign, makes me think the wolf watching/protecting Haley is Tyler.

Does Tyler know the part Haley played in the massacre of the hybrids and subsequent death of his mother? She tipped Klaus off to help Professor Shane in the wake Silas plot. (I imagine Kol is still shouting I was right bitches from the grave.)

I like that the Originals emphasizes family.

I don't think Klaus felt threatened by Cami. Rather I took it that he was sad that he lost an opportunity for a real friendship by manipulating her.

I wonder what Sophie will pull out of her bag of tricks next? I imagine she is down but not out.

Line of the episode had to go to Elijah when Rebecca asked who they had to kill? How did it go? Probably no one. Possibly everyone. :)

11. js

js Captain Captain

But Haley would have recognized Tyler's wolf form - wouldn't she? They knew each other when they ran together before.

12. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Good point. Tyler mentioned that he was running around with different packs.

Could he have different people watching her? Werewolf babysitting in shifts? :rommie:

13. js

js Captain Captain

Well, since I guess I'll take Tyler's word that the wolf watching Haley isn't him - and given the slavish response of the new hybrid to Haley - and the "royal birthmark" - I'm guessing this is leading up to her baby being some kind of wolf messiah and/or she's the Wolf Queen?

14. Taylirious

Funny how they jump to the conclusion that Klaus would want to make more hybrids...he seemed to have given up on that dream and if the hybrids are sired to Hayley then what would be the point? Tyler bores me.

15. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Once again, the main characters on TVD put themselves before millions of other people. This time they've decided to extend unending supernatural purgatory in order to hang out with their dead friend. :rolleyes:

The Originals is enjoyable, though.

16. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of my biggest gripes with TVD and this has grown a lot as these types of characters have increased in number is when they will introduce a character who has been locked away from the world for decades/centuries/millenia and then said character speaks just like a normal person from this day and age and starts making modern day pop culture references.

Original Elena(Amara?) was locked away for thousands of years and has gone crazy...but wow she knows English? and the first thing Silas when he finds her does is talk to her in English?

I wish these writers had a smidgen of the talent of the writers on Sleepy Hollow and how they present Ichabod Crane coping with the modern age.

17. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's a tough one. I have do a lot of rationalizing not to roll my eyes. My solution for Silas is that his mind-reading powers extend all the way to being able to absorb a person's knowledge and experiences. That doesn't really help with Amara, though.

18. Taylirious

I actually liked Elena before she became a vampire...I blame Damon who was okay at first but I cannot stand Elena, Damon, Caroline(never liked her or) Jeremy. I am rooting for Stefan and Katherine here on out. :lol:

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I usually don't notice that kind of stuff, but it was really bugging me with Silas though.
    I do have to give Nina Dobrev some respect though, she was able to play three different characters, and made them all unique individuals. It's always impressed me with Katherine/Elena how well she can change her speech patterns and the way she handles enough that you can dell pretty much right away which one of them it is.

I'm still trying to figure out in The Originals if Elijah's interest in Haley is purely wanting to protect her because "she's family now" or if he has a thing for her? It's seemed to me at least a few times that his interest isn't entirely platonic.

20. Taylirious

As noble as Elijah seems he is also drawn to lost causes...