Enterprise and STID ??

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Nero's Shadow, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

I've been watching Enterprise S4 and I've noticed that some story lines have similar to ideas and rumours from STID. Let me explain

Three episodes explain the human augment story line borderland cold station 12 and the augments. Rumours have said that JH is a human augment working for starfleet we've seen the international trailer and Peter wellers Character says he's one of there top agents possible a human augment ?

Also I've just watched two episodes called affliction and divergence again the story line is about the Klingons making Klingon augments and LT Reed is working for section 31 another rumour that was talked about in the new film and another thing that has come to light the leader of section 31 is called Harrison in that episode. Klingons feature highly in these two episodes and look like to be featured more in STID. IMO the writers have been watching Enterprise episodes to get some ideas for STID

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I noticed it too, and agree that Into Darkness borrows some of Enterprise's concepts. And going back to the last movie, the idea of changing the timeline and not undoing it at the end is straight from ENT's Xindi season.

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Most, if not all, of these rumors from STID are fan speculation & shots in the dark. Fans who have of course seen Enterprise, believe Harrison is Khan & see Klingons are in too. So intentionally or unintentionally incorporate some of Enterprise in their ideas about what's happening.

Whether Enterprise storylines actually had any influence on the new movie remains to be seen.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, that's Harris.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

That's OK, Harris from Enterprie would be too old anyways by the time of STiD, so, it's more likely to be Harris' Son, then Harris himself ;)

6. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Add to that, I'll be very surprised if Peter Weller's character isn't a complex villain pushing his own little agenda, while being seen by everyone else as a respectable figure. Obviously not connected to Paxton... but the producers can't be unaware of who he played 7 years ago in Star Trek, chosing him because he best fit a certain role.

Weller now joins the likes of Brock Peters, and the actor who played Ron Tracey and Van Gelder on TOS. Multiple characters with no make-over or much attempt to differ their old appearance.

7. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

Morgan Woodward.

8. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

Possible Spoilers.

I am starting to think Harrison was created by Starfleet from extracted DNA from Kahn, who was found years earlier drifting in space by Marcus or April.

9. The Wormhole

Add to that list Barry Russo.

10. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Or Jon Lormer. It's not really that uncommon, and particularly not in the days when TOS first ran.

11. ChristopherPike

I can't believe I forgot about the Captain of the Lexington.

Or that the other fella had been in Dallas (TV show). The A-Team too, I think.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

You've all forgotten the ultimate Trek repeat offender: Vaughn Armstrong.

13. M'Sharak

How can we possibly forget when you never stop talking about him? :vulcan:

14. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Somebody has to. :shrug:

15. ChristopherPike

Ah, but Forrest was the only role in which he wasn't disguised.

Oh wait, no. I suppose he was human looking in one of those Voyager Borg episodes. He was supposed to be one of the other nine, in Seven's unit. "Survival Instinct" I think it was called.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Yep. He was Lansor/Two of Nine. No makeover there either. ;)

(Not in his non-Borg form, anyway.)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  17. M'Sharak

When you're so eager to spam his name in one more time that you fail to take into account the premise...
    (emphasis mine)

... then no, someone doesn't have to.

18. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

No need. I figure Abrams used some of Braga's material in coming up with the alternate timeline angle for "Star Trek." This whole reset was what TPTB wanted all along and was supposed to be the endgame of "Enterprise."

19. The Wormhole

That's debatable. It's true Braga did say in interviews that Enterprise was in a timeline altered by the events of First Contact, it should be noted he didn't actually say that until near the end of the second season. It always struck me as an attempt to silence everyone whining about Enterprise's continuity errors, which were getting to be rather numerous at this point. In fact, I doubt it's coincidental this interview was done around the time the Borg episode Regeneration aired. Of course, it could also have been Braga's attempt to make fandom think anything could happen in the coming Xindi arc.

I doubt that it was always intended since the beginning for Enterprise to be an alternate timeline. Hell, the Temporal Cold War wasn't even part of Berman and Braga's original premise, rather something Paramount forced on them. Certainly by the time Manny Coto took over in the fourth season he and his writers didn't consider Enterprise to be an alternate timeline.