So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

Finished up A Pocket Full Lies, and have moved on to The Latter Fire.

Jinn likes this.
  2. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Starting to read the post-finale Enterprise books.

I've just finished reading the four enterprise novels The Good That Men Do, Kobiyashi Maru, Beneath the Raptors Wing and To Brave the Storm.

id read mixed reviews of these books, particularly the romulan war duology, but I actually really enjoyed them, particularly the retcon of Trip. it did feel like we should have had a conclusion to the framing story from the first two books.

Next I plan on diving into Rise of the Federation.

Idran likes this.
  3. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm about 70 pages in, it started off slow. So many new characters too. But now i'm getting into the book.

4. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It takes awhile to get into The Articles of the Federation but once you do the story gets really good I really Nan Bracco Presidency is dealt with in this story. I'm now reading The Cat who dropped a bombshell by Lilian Jackson Braun.

5. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just posted my review of Greg Cox's new novella, Miasma. Rather enjoyed this one!

Currently reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth.

6. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I'm about 1/2 finished with It by Stephen King.

JoeP likes this.
  7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Finished reading Comeback by Richard Stark, which was in an anthology alongwith another of his, Flashfire. This always leaves me in a dilemma when standalones are anothologised like that - do I go read something else, cos I've finished that book, or have to read the other one because I've only gone throuh *half* the (physical) book? I mean, if they were actually linked in their plots, that's one obvious answer, but standalones...

9. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finished Wearing The Cape by Marion Harmon. I've now started on An Ancient Peace by Tanya Huff:)

10. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just finished "Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures". Overall not bad, though I actually found the characters a bit flat compared to the preceeding books. And there was a definite feeling of " small-world" syndrome - All these people Enterprise ran into before just happen to know each other and have teamed up.

11. C. Cole-Chakotay

I finished It last night and am now reading Cell by Stephen King.

12. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

Finished off The Latter Fire (which was awesome!), and I've started in on Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey. The first in the Expanse series of novels.

13. C. Cole-Chakotay

I finished Cell last night and began Dreamcatcher by Stephen King.

Kilana2 likes this.
  14. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm trying to finish reading I Jedi by Micheal A. Stackpole . So I can start reading Pocket full of lies by Kirsten Beyer.

15. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Going through the Angel In The Whirlwind series by Chris Nuttall. I've finished The Oncoming Storm and have moved on to Falcone Strike.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up the third volume in the Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths series. I think it's the last volume, but I kind of hope it isn't, there are a lot of elements of the movie's backstory they didn't cover. I was hoping it would at least lead of the creation of The Prophecy, if not right up to the Gelfling genocide and the births of Jen and Kira, but they only covered a little bit after the origins of the Skesis and the Mystics.

17. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I've just started reading Christopher's newest Enterprise novel, Live By The Code. I've only just started, but i'm liking it already. I was so happy to find it on the shelves early! After Kirsten's Voyager, Christopher's Rise of The Federation is the next best thing happening in Treklit. Hopefully his TOS novel doesn't get in the way of another volume coming our way next year!

18. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

I am currently reading Rogue Saucer. Bit of a curious one this as I have heard people mentioning it here a few times and have pften been curious about it. Was browsing through my archived books on my Kindle the other day and found it there. But I have no memory of reading it! So either I read it and completely forgot I had or I bought it and archived it by mistake before reading it.

Anyhoo am reading it now and I forgot how these numbered novels clip along at quite a pace. Things happen much quicker in these novels than they do in the current books.

19. C. Cole-Chakotay

I finished Dreamcatcher and am reading Insomnia by Stephen King.

20. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wrapped up TNG: Masks by John Vornholt yesterday. Still a great read after all these years. Up next in my chronological read-through, which i started this morning: TNG: A Call to Darkness by Michael Jan Friedman. I've always loved all of Mr. Friedman's writing of Trek. But then i basically grew up on his writing through the DC comics TNG run from 1989 - 1995, which he basically wrote all of, except for an issue here and there.