Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Saw Megaforce episodes 3 to 5.

- They were pretty uneventful, but I've warmed up to the cast and I'm looking forward to some good stuff down the line.

- I liked that they touched on the concept of mindfulness in "Stranger Ranger". There wasn't a lot there, but they captured the basics pretty well with just a few scenes.

- The show doesn't feel like it's shot in New Zealand.

- I don't like the protruding heads on the megazord and I'm not looking forward to seeing them on the augmented ranger outfits. They're ugly.

- Ciara Hanna has a YouTube channel with her doing silly stuff and hanging out with the cast.

2. Marcus Porcius Cato

Marcus Porcius Cato Commander Red Shirt

It being reasonably early in the production, I hope that this will be revised. I'm hoping that by the beginning of the new Season Gokaiger uniforms will be adopted.

3. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

^ That's likely not going to happen, at least for the main team. We do know that a Silver Ranger will be showing up, and the suit used will likely be Gokai Silver's, but that's more than likely the only suit we'll see used from Gokaiger just as the Kibaranger suit was the only suit used from Dairanger in MMPR S2.

4. Marcus Porcius Cato

Marcus Porcius Cato Commander Red Shirt

That is a shame.

Well.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

There might be a possibility!

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/sho...scussion-Thread/page132&p=1076416#post1076416

The Megaforce suits will be used in to Season 2(Power Ranger's Super Megaforce) but a photo has been leaked.

[​IMG]

If you take a close look at the picture, you can see a guy wearing what look a LOT like GokaiGreen’s boots.

So speculation time. Will they use the Gokaiger team as an rival team? Or use the suits like in MMPR season 3 with the Kakuranger footage as the Alien ranger team?

6. DigificWriter

^ Fury Diamond, the owner/operator of RangerCrew/MegaforceCast and an officially recognized 'Super-Fan', has confirmed that the Goseiger suits will be the primary suits used for Super Megaforce, but that all of the Gokaiger suits will in fact be used in some capacity, so it appears that I was wrong - at least in part - in what I said above.

There's also no confirmation at this point as to whether or not the Silver Ranger will be based on Gokai Silver or will feature an original suit design.

7. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

well like i said, they'd be crazy to not use the Gokaiger suit footage. plus they can sell more toys.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, the conceit of Gokaiger was that the Rangers could summon the powers of past Ranger teams, which meant transforming into their costumes and using their weapons. So if Super Megaforce uses the same premise, then the Rangers will be employing many costumes, not just the baseline Goseiger suits. Maybe the Gokaiger suits will be used as some kind of alternate "power-up" armor, like the Mega Mode in Samurai or the other variant uniforms that Ranger teams have used over the years. Call it "Pirate Mode" or something.

9. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well so far I like the new team :)

10. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

More photos have been leaked from the filming of Super Megaforce.

We have Wild Force Black:
    [​IMG]

and some Lost Galaxy:
    [​IMG]

These are likely just supposed to be the Megaforce Rangers donning the costumes, of course.

And last but not least, a image of a former ranger on the set!

[​IMG]

That's Jason Smith, who played Casey on Jungle Fury.

link

ETA: In regards to the Gokaiger suits:

link

Well, at least they are going to be used.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  11. Christopher

I love it when I guess right.

Neat spoiler about a past Ranger maybe returning. That particular one was one of the better Rangers of that color. (Who needs spoiler boxes when you have circumspection?)

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed. I'm further guessing that a lot of former Rangers, by virtue of not working much in the biz after their show was done, wouldn't mind coming back for a guest spot for Saban-esque typically terrible pay and a free flight to New Zealand. That is, for those that weren't pinched from there or Australia in the last ten years of series...

Mark

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  13. Christopher

Well, the particular one seen there is an NZ actor. He appeared in the NZ-based Legend of the Seeker around the same time he was in PR.

14. DigificWriter

I like the concept of the Gokai suits being Megaforce power-ups in principle, but it's definitely going to be 'execution-dependent'.

15. Christopher

Well, it looks like they're treating Robo Knight pretty similarly to the original Gosei Knight character, from the summary I read. Amusing that they've given him a RoboCop-soundalike voice. I wonder, if he's got such a zero-tolerance policy toward those who endanger the environment, will he go after humans next? (He did in Goseiger. We'll have to see if this version follows suit.)

I'm mildly impressed that they're going for a bit of moral ambiguity with the "Mutants," having them speechify about how we humans are to blame for their creation. It's a pretty heavy-handed message, but by this show's standards it's unexpectedly nuanced. Or maybe just confused. Are we supposed to sympathize with these guys when they lament the damage we've done to them and to the Earth, or hate them when they try to destroy us? Sure, that kind of ambivalence can be nice, but here it just feels like the writers weren't sure how they wanted to play it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting sick of Jake's stalkerish obsession with Gia. It's starting to get either pathetic or creepy, if not both.

And isn't it weird how the lead actor manages to convey emotion pretty well with his voice when he's in Ranger mode, but as soon as we see his face he's just an expressionless statue? I wonder if they're using a voice double in the Ranger scenes.

16. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

17. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, comedy! :D

I haven't seen that episode yet, but I got a good chuckle out of the first season of Akibaranger. It's great to see that the parody of parodies has reached yet another level of self-reference. :)

Mark

18. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

The next entry in Linkara's History of Power Rangers is up:

Mystic Force

Also, he recently did a review of Alpha's Magical Christmas. This should be good. :devil:

Here's a list of all of the HOPR entries for those who haven't seen them yet or want to rewatch: link

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Jason Faunt has said yes to returning for Super Megaforce

http://henshinjustice.com/2013/05/1...d-to-return-as-wes-the-time-force-red-ranger/

A list of who will likely return for the Super Megaforce and who won't

http://blog.samuraicast.com/cameos-in-power-rangers-super-megaforce/

As if we didn't need anymore confirmation Saban is cheap...

Wow. I do remember him being vocal about some people on the production team calling him a "***" because he was gay

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's more of a dig at the Western franchise. The Japanese writers, this one in particularly is understandably peeved at PR.