The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The impression so far has been overwhelmingly positive if you've been reading the reviews and reactions. You read one or two negative reviews here and go with that take? The minor problems stated are entirely fixable and no doubt will be.

2. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I had no problem understanding Bane.

3. JacksonArcher

The film is six months away. Do you expect the film to have completed special effects in that time? Regardless, I thought the special effects in the football stadium scene looked great. I'm sure they will look even better come July 20th.

"Subpar teaser" being your opinion. I've seen the prologue twice now, and every time people are cheering and clapping. I haven't seen the trailer in a theater yet - and I plan to soon - but nearly every bootleg I've seen has people in the theater clapping, cheering and clearly very excited. I think my favorite reaction has been a huge round of applause followed by someone shouting out "THANK YOU, NOLAN!" Clearly people have been enthralled by what they have seen from the prologue and trailer.

4. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

I'm not sure if this prologue is better than The Dark Knight's, but I loved how

everything that Bane does is like a violent mirror image of what Bruce does as Batman... and, to be more precise, what he does in the Hong Kong sequence from the previous movie.

5. JacksonArcher

I think that was very intentional. And I love it, too.

6. JacksonArcher

Also, the HD version of the trailer should come online in about 30 minutes. I'm gonna try and see if I can spot myself in the football stadium scene. :D

7. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

First why wasn't there a separate thread for the trailer. I feel like a complete doofus for starting one.

Second, Am I in the minority for not liking the trailer. Michael Caine sounds really tired of saying the "You are a unique snowflake" speech he does in the past two movie. Ann Hathaway sounds awful. Like she's just phoning it in and reading her lines (why is Catwoman even in this?) and Bane. All he does is walk around (I guess the prologue will establish his character). And yes we see the flying Batmobile but it looks so fake. You can tell that it's suspended from wires.

8. Admiral_Young

Why would there be a separate thread for the trailer? This is the anticipation (news) thread and you posted a link to the leaked trailer in that other thread which I believe is against board rules.

9. Yminale

I think it would just make sense since some people might just want to talk about the trailer in order to reduce spoilers or speculate on certain scenes. This thread covers EVERYTHING with TDKR (including the prologue) and you can get lost in a hurry and 170+ pages seems a little daunting.

10. Admiral_Young

Fair enough...and logical but we have been discussing somewhat the trailer and prologue for the last couple of pages. Lots of people obviously haven't seen them yet.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

TDKR is going to have a prologue released like TDK? I had no idea!

12. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When I saw the trailer before MI:Ghost Protocol, I was actually seeing if I could spot you in the crowd during that national anthem scene. :lol:

13. Yminale

I'm not complaining. I've never complained on how this site is run (and server space is finite). I'm just annoyed that I missed the discussion on the trailer, because I've just only now seen it.

14. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

I rather like that the trailer doesn't reveal... well, pretty much anything about the plot or the characters. I hate those that spill out absolutely everything, including all the so called money shots.

15. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

That's because Bay makes awful, mind numbingly bad abortions that he calls films, whereas Nolan has earned some leeway with steady track record of spectacular film making.

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Note: People are flooding the apple trailer website. Most people can see the link to the second trailer but for some they just see the teaser trailer

Posting link just incase

The Dark Knight Rises 2nd Trailer online officially(for some)

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thedarkknightrises/

17. I don't need the trailer to show me a lot.

I was sold on this movie exactly five seconds after The Dark Knight ended.

(those five seconds in between are the time it took me to think to myself "Holy shit, that was fucking awesome...........")

18. Admiral_Young

Just have seen the trailer in the quality intended and my goodness...next summer can't get here soon enough.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Youtube Link

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8[/YT]

20. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Ummmm...what did Bane say? "When Gotham is ashes...........to die"

Trailer is good but didn't make me as excited as TDK.