Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Relayer1, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?

1. I'll get both

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4)

49 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Staying with Xbox (360 to One)

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4)

21 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'll be buying the upgraded Red Dead Redemption! I love that game.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You know, I really enjoyed it, but I'm good. No interest in replaying it. Maybe five years down the line. Same with GTA V.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Is that confirned that they will remaster it for current gen consoles?

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Not that I've heard but they are doing a remaster of DmC.

5. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

After playing GTA5 on PS3 and 4 I'll buy anything that Rockstar releases. GTA5 is the finest all round gaming experience I've ever had.

6. FPAlpha

I have just completed Dragon Age Inquisition and have bought GTA V before Christmas and played a few hours.. it is quite good and i look forward digging deeper into it (a good change of pace from the Fantasy setting but once again a huge time sink game :) ;))

7. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Remastering a game for a new platform isn't as easy as it sounds ("just slap new textures on it!"). So I guess we'd rather get a sequel to RDR than a remastered version.

8. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

In the case of GTA V's releases being close enough, I'm sure the higher-res was planned from the get-go with assets downgraded for last-gen, so this is a case where I don't think calling it a remaster is fair. It's very likely that the game we're seeing on current-gen is what they've originally envisioned.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

While V is open world I didn't find much incentive to do singleplayer side content beyond trying every activity at least once.

The main story missions have been the main draw for me in GTA since at least IV, haven't really dicked around random open world style since then - that part has lost its initial novelty to me and other open world games do it better now.

So, not that huge of a timesink if you're only mainlining the story.

Edit: Without going into spoiler territory, what did you think of the ending in DA:I? I've heard mixed reactions so far at best.

10. FPAlpha

My opinion of the DA:I ending:
    Given the huge scope of the game the ending was a bit of a letdown or rather too easy and cookie cutter.

End Boss shows up, you whoop his ass (and that of his Dragon) and are done. Maybe i was overlevelled for the finale as i did many sidequests and completed most quests so the fight was not that challenging.

Storywise there was better stuff happening throughout the game like the the move to Skyhold and what led to it (awesome cinematic, worthy of a Hollywood blockbuster), the Orleais court mission and other.

It was not a story desaster like ME3 (though i didn't have a huge problem with it like the rest of the world did) but i could have been more dramatic.

The after credit cutscene with Solas was intriguing though and i'll definitely buy the DLC to see how that plays out.

All considered despite the not so brilliant ending it was still the best game i played so far on the PS4.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Re: being overleveled for the final story portion of the game - you almost certainly were, that's practically a given if you did any side content at all. The only way to avoid this would be mainlining the game as hard as possible, preferably doing the story missions slightly underleveled. It's definitely one of the more frequent criticisms of the ending feeling anticlimactic from a gameplay/difficulty standpoint (story considerations notwithstanding).

12. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

I have the XBOX 360. I don't use the online features. When I consider the new game consoles, I probably will not be using those features on those machines and will not be doing multiplayer. So, I am using what I am guessing is 10-15% of the machine's capabilities, and the machines cost around $350 to $400. I can't justify the purchase to myself or to anyone else. So, I won't be getting one of the new consoles.

13. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

By the time Sony stops supporting PS3 and Microsoft stops supporting 360, there might be a price drop in the newer consoles.....pure speculation on my part, don't take it for gospel. :)

As for being an "overpowered" player character in an epic game, I have no problem with that, as the bad guys probably had my awesomely overpowered wrath coming to them for quite some time. :)

14. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

The Ps3 dropped it's price by 50% after 2.5 years, so maybe next year the PS4 will be a bit cheaper, when there are finally games worth getting it for...

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Price_cuts