vital Three Stooges movie news!!!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Trailer is up: at apple.

I have to admit, there were a few times I chuckled. But it's STILL weird. Especially how much they are just imitating other actors. But, then, I guess that's what this whole exercise was about.

Still wish it was Penn, Del Toro and Carrey. THAT would be an interesting exercise.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Sean Hayes reminds me of Carrey in this trailer - maybe it's the haircut, which looks more Dumb and Dumber than Moe. But had it been Carrey, Penn and Del Toro, it would have been, well, Carrey, Penn and Del Toro.

This did actually seem like the Three Stooges, but my favourite part of it was seeing Larry David. Well, that was my second favourite bit. My fave was the sexy nun in the revealing swimsuit (seriously).

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

The characterizations look spot on... but the rest looks pretty godawful.

Although to be fair, I never quite understood the appeal of the original Three Stooges either.

5. Captaindemotion

^ 5 - 10 minute shorts, I can enjoy. A 90 minute movie? Hmmmm, not so much.

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh dear, my thread has come back to haunt me. :D

I gotta admit, that's a lot more...credible...than I would have thought possible.

And now I understand why Snookie exists. She's a female Stooge!

7. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I actually think it looks pretty funny.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Wow, I didn't realize this was far enough along to have a trailer. Too bad I can't see it on this computer. I'll check it out later tonight.

This is one reason their movies were never as good. The smartest thing to do would be to make the movie an "anthology" of shorter bits.

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

They stumble into starring in a reality show? Yikes. Dunno, but that sounds off. Saving their childhood home, I can see as being an actual plot for one of their movies, in fact it might have happened, but the part about the reality show is the kind of thing where a modernism might not work since reality shows were never around when they were first around.

10. Captaindemotion

I think it's 3 30 minute stories or something like that.

11. Professor Zoom

Yeah, I've read the same thing.

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ That's cool. Definitely a smart move on their part.

The trailer doesn't look bad. Those guys do good imitations of the Stooges, and they look... okay. It will all depend on how well written and directed it is.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think a period bio-flick would have been kind of interesting, but this just looks like another lazy comedy like we see every few months from Adam Sandler or Kevin James.

14. Professor Zoom

There was an ok made for TV movie made years ago. A preShield Michael Chiklis played curly.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4IoUo_ZJkY[/yt]

I fucking love this! :guffaw: :guffaw: :techman:

16. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

This looks thoroughly stupid...and not in a good way.

17. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

A lazy, stupid comedy with a recognizable and nostalgic name in the title is likely to do decent box office. But a biopic of the Three Stooges? Sounds like box office poison to me.

I'll see it for Larry David in a nun's habit alone.

18. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

It's the Three Stooges. What, you were expecting Battlestar Galactica? If anyone - reviewer or otherwise - goes into this film expecting a deep story or something dark and edgy, they deserve to be shipped off to Siberia. ;)

I loved the trailer. I think this is going to be a lot of fun, and as a longtime fan of the Stooges it looks like they've nailed it. This will be a great tribute, I think. Already I'm liking it more than Dumb & Dumber (now if you want a thoroughly stupid movie...). And if they are doing a series of short stories rather than trying to sustain a single story for 90 minutes (something the original Stooges couldn't pull off) then that's a brilliant idea.

Here's hoping they've got Will Smith or someone doing a cover of The Curly Shuffle for the soundtrack!

Alex

19. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While I admit I outgrew them years ago, and am usually the first to bitch about a remake, I found the trailer a very pleasant surprise. They've captured the look and goofiness of the old shorts perfectly.

Well yeah, its the Three Stooges. I'm guessing its one of those things you had to grow up with to get.

20. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: They've got Larry, Moe, and Curly down pat. I watched the trailer twice and I'm still laughing out loud. It's appropriately stupid, too. :guffaw: