X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Regarding Trask. I have a feeling we'll meet him in the past and everyone will be delighted at his ideas.

Fast forward to the future and sentinels have now rounded up mutants into camps

It's up to the future team and the past team to stop the sentinel project from happening.

So basically the "Terminator" movies

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That'd explain Singer's conversation with Cameron regarding that particular form of time travel :)

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Its long been suspected that the original comic was one of Cameron's influences in creating the Terminator.

4. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

We know what the influence was on Cameron's Terminator - mainly because he had to pay him off! :-)

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Noticed I said ONE of his influences. I am very much aware of the Harlan Ellison situation. But the comic was likely too. It release is closer to the movie being made and I would say has even more similarities than to Ellison's work. Marvel is just not as willing to sue as Ellison. Or at least not back than. Now a days they would if something similar happened.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wasn't specifically talking about Cyclops, I was just talking about those kinds of hero characters.

7. Admiral_Young

Patrick Stewart apparently has completed his scenes for "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and sounds very excited about the film. Also reveals Hugh Jackman will be on the set for the duration of principal which should wrap in August.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104997

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Jackman on set for so long all but confirms he either:

A) has a lead role crucial to both timelines

B) is the timetraveler

9. Admiral_Young

^ Agreed. That's pretty much what I thought, which is fascinating and makes you wonder what Kitty's role will be in this :)

10. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hopefully Jackman's being on set throughout the produciton doesn't mean this is going to turn out to be yet another Wolverine Guest Starring the X-Men movie.

11. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Why would Logan be the time traveler? Couldn't they find Logan like they did in First Class?

12. Admiral_Young

13. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but Charles and Erik found Logan in First Class.

Couldn't they find him again? Of course, time traveler Logan would have knowledge present day Logan wouldn't, but then you have the paradox of current Logan being in the same timeline as time traveler-

This is why we don't attempt to explain time travel.

14. Admiral_Young

Yeah. I haven't been able to figure out if "past" Logan (the one they tracked down) will play any kind of part in this. I'm guessing not. I have a feeling that Future and Present day (Post The Last Stand, "The Wolverine") Logan will mostly featured. Logan kind of looked out of place to me in that still with Hank.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Wolverine does seem make the best choice for the time traveler. I mean for one thing he's basically immortal, so it's not such a big deal if it's a one-way trip. He just gets to drink beer and stare at people for a few decades while waiting to catch up to the "present". Of course if he changes history, his "present" won't be there anymore so then there'll still be two Logans...Oh well.

But yeah, either way I think future Logan would require a lot less arseing around than trying to introduce 70's Logan into the mix. He's not the same character at that point in time and audiences may get confused otherwise.

16. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

in the animated series Bishop was sent back by Forge. It's is looking like the movie will use Logan though. I just hope having Logan (and the rest of the originals) in the film doesn't detract from 70s Xavier and Eric's screen time that much.

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm less concerned with who is going back in time than I am with how. Whose idea will it be to go back? Will it be a time machine or a quantum leap style thing?

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

If they were doing it like the comics story, where future self takes over past self's body, then Wolverine makes a great deal of sense. He's much better known and established than the movie Kitty, for example, and he can be played in both eras by the same actor. And past Logan needn't necessarily gain knowledge of the future, as past Kitty stayed unconscious in future Kitty's body in the comics.

19. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Wolverine is the one going back, I hope the movie isn't from his point of view. It'd be cool if we're following Xavier & Co. and then this hairy weirdo just shows up claiming to be from the future.

20. Admiral_Young

I totally forgot it was Bishop. Not sure why I thought it was Logan! LOL