Favourite Trek Couple

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by IzzyAtWarp9, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

Worf and KE'hleyr-only because of the scene at the end of The Emissary where Worf says he wouldn't be complete without her--the background music makes it work.

Riker and Troi had that closeness to each other, but according to the story, before the Enterprise, they were together and getting serious, but Riker decided to pursue his career and they parted.

He sleeps with all types of women, but kind of looks gloomy and eyes Troi whenever she gets close to someone. Nah..

2. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

that was somethign I always though was odd, and if I was Troi I'd be really pissed at Riker for. He broke up with her because his career was the most important thing to him. But then he turns down how many oportunities for advancement, so he broke up with her and then didn't persue his career, I'd be pissed at that

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

He was drugged, he wanted her because she was a woman. That was the entire chemistry.

That's just what he needed for a fling, someone exciting.

4. Kinokima

Kinokima Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I guess I am alone in this but I didn't care for Spock/Zarabeth at all. They didn't come off as a good match up to me and I didn't see any reason for them to fall in love except for the fact that Zarabeth was lonely & she was beautiful. The only think they I like about All Our Yesterdays is all the Spock/McCoy. In fact I wish they had written Zarabeth out of the episode and it could have just been Spock/McCoy (sigh).

Now I admit Spock/Leila doesn't make a lot of sense to me either but what I like about the romance was the ambiguity of it. Not so much did Spock really love Leila but did feelings of love only come from the Spores or was there something deep within Spock who wanted to be able to feel the emotion of love. For me it was a much better one off romance than Spock/Zarabeth.

Spock/The Romulan Commander was the best for me. I love how she was clearly intelligent and capable and was a good match for Spock. Granted she was being tricked by him, but what Spock said to her at the end was great:

"Military secrets are the most fleeting of all. I hope that you and I exchanged something more permanent."

5. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Sarek and Amanda (TOS)...

Spock and Uhura (Abrams)

6. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

Odo/Kira forever! :D

7. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree about Sarek\Amanda and Odo\Kira.

I actually liked Troi & TOM Riker, better than Troi and Will Riker, at least during the series. In the movies, however, Riker\Troi was actually one of the few good things about the last two movies.

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

umm... aren't you forgetting someone?

9. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I never cared for the Picard\Vash angle, either. I didn't like Vash at all. And something about her teeth always bugged me!:crazy:

10. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Would Kirk/Enterprise qualify as a couple? I mean, seriously...

--Sran

11. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:beer:

12. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

She looks like the Cheshire cat.

--Sran

13. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Data and Tasha Yar.

And yes, Kirk's greatest love was The Enterprise.

From The Naked Time:

KIRK: I've got it, the disease. Love. You're better off without it, and I'm better off without mine. This vessel, I give, she takes. She won't permit me my life. I've got to live hers.
    SPOCK: Jim.
    KIRK: I have a beautiful yeoman. Have you noticed her, Mister Spock? You're allowed to notice her. The Captain's not permitted
    SPOCK: Jim, there is an intermix formula.
    KIRK: Now I know why it's called she.
    SPOCK: It's never been tested. It's a theoretical relationship between time and antimatter.
    KIRK: Flesh woman to touch, to hold. A beach to walk on. A few days, no braid on my shoulder.
    SCOTT: Captain.
    KIRK: Scotty, help.
    SPOCK: Stand by to intermix. I'll call the formulae in from the Bridge.
    UHURA [OC]: Entering upper stratosphere, Captain. Skin temperature now twenty one hundred seventy degrees.
    KIRK: I've got to hang on. Tell them. Clear the corridors, the turbo lift. Hurry. (Scott and Spock leave) Never lose you. Never.

14. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

Lwaxana Troi blasted him for that in one episode. She said Riker was holding Troi back.

And I think Deanna subconsciously resented it --in Man Of The People, she bedded an officer and Riker walks in.

She was like, "yeah I was with him. I do things with other men. And it's really none of your business".

True, Riker never said anything first and she was under some alien influenced disease or something, but it came out really resentful like she always wanted to say that.

15. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I agree.

She was a fun diversion, but in no way did that qualify as a great coupling.

16. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

That's what made them an interesting couple.

News flash--Real couples do that.

17. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Jennifer Hetrick and Patrick Stewart were engaged for a while during TNG's run.

18. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LOL you're late with the shock, I suggest you to never google them then :lol:
    I've read that they're one of the most popular het ships of the franchise right now and judging by some stats (e.g., fan communities, fans and fanfictions) it might be quite true.

basically...
    it's the only pairs that picked my interests.

though, I agree with:

the chemistry was surely there

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

[carson]I did not know that....[/carson]

20. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore