Star Trek #42 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Feb 23

Trek Actors At The Oscars
By: T'Bonz on Feb 23

Retro Review: The Changing Face of Evil
By: Michelle on Feb 21

Star Trek-Themed Van Sold
By: T'Bonz on Feb 20

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old February 10 2015, 05:48 AM   #886
Ghost_of_Bubba
Cadet

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Greeting all around, folks, I'm Lou. Huge fan of the original series via 70s and early 80s reruns. I certainly have numerous memories of that outstanding show as well as favorite episodes, but The Next Generation really 'did it' for me. I was around 14 when the series hit the air and was hooked from the start. There are many episodes that I'd love to see again though have long since forgotten their titles. I'm also a massive fan of the 'First Contact' film, to the point where the opening music will often really touch me. Through my admiration and enjoyment of the many characters, my wife has become a fan, as well. She is constantly after me to track down the DVD seasons and whenever I watch an episode she'll be there with the "OH! Is this the one where so-and so shows up and so-and-so happens??" comments.
On a side mention, I found a nice stack of ST cards at a GoodWill the other day and I'm having a blast going through them; ahhhhhh, priceless memories for a mere .50. (It appears the cards are from two different sets, TNG and TOS, and they were made in 1991.)

Thanks for having me - lets all have a toast to the Great Bird of the Galaxy!
Ghost_of_Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10 2015, 09:44 PM   #887
ThankYouGeneR
Lieutenant Commander

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

I'm 25 and also grew up watching TNG. As a kid, I was all about R/T. I remember waiting for Imzadi to come out in hardback. A month or so ago, I found the very first fanfiction I wrote ever at my father's house. I was eleven or so and I'd written it with my best friend. Apparently my P/C inclinations were so ingrained that I didn't even think twice about it--in the fic, P/C were married and had a kid. I didn't even remember this until I read over again. o_O

Overall, I just like TNG. I was upset when it was over, mourned, and moved to The X-Files.

In real life, I'm a photographer, writer, and fencer.
What a wonderful story from out of our past.

Back in the day I wasn't even going to watch the Star Trek 'pretender'. "NOT GONNA BE STAR TREK" was my mantra.

But my friends all gathered to watch it. I watched it with them.

By the time the first commercial started ... I had transitioned.

Seriously, it took just that long. Picard arriving from the shadows is probably around the time I felt the Hook. LOL

Devoted seven year follower.
ThankYouGeneR is offline   Reply With Quote