50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Only a Ferengi god.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Well, plenty of gods take bribes, although they call them "sacrifices."

3. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I missed out the P! :p

4. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Did you? There are no accidents, you know.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That should be interesting. What could it be?

7. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if that's an epilogue. Night following Day.

8. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Interesting. So two minisodes? Before long they'll release so many minisodes, the running time of them combined will be longer than series 7 part 2. :P

Yeah, Night of the Doctor does sound like an epilogue to me. I wonder if it'll be released before or after the Day of the Doctor.

Also, here's hoping Last Day or whatever it's called (the first minisode) is in fact that McGann regeneration! Knowing my luck it won't be, but it'd be great if it was.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

So, is this not released yet? I click on the link and it looks like it's just telling you about it, but, there doesn't seem to be anything to watch (likewise, there is aparently something called The Last Day, which also doesn't seem to exist yet?) I googled videos and don't come up with anything, and didn't see anything in the link that mentions when either will be available to watch?

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, yes. The link is to the site of the British Board of Film Classification, which is like the MPAA in the States. So it's a page of information about the film and the classification (rating) they've given it, which is PG. The episodes have to be submitted for classification before they're released, so the BBFC will have this info available before the actual broadcasts.

11. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Actually they don't have to have before broadcast- just before DVD/Blu-Ray release. However nowadays the BBC pretty much release their shows on DVD the week after - sometimes just the day after - it airs, and the classification process takes long enough that they have to be submitted well before, and so a lot of stuff ends up classified before the airdate.

12. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Official blurb:

"The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th anniversary special.

In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him."

Good to know 'All of reality is at stake' again. Been five minutes since the last time! :rolleyes:

13. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Funny, I don't seem to recall you complaining everywhere in sight when Davros' master plan was to detonate [​IMG]THE REALITY BOMB[​IMG]. ;)

14. StCoop

D'ya think that might have been because that would have been the first time it was trotted out?

It took RTD 4 series to reach that point. (And only did it twice.) Moffat's done it every series and now the 50th too.

15. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

More to the point, the previous episode involved Clara saving reality from the Great Intelligence.

16. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

Oh THE REALITY BOMB, now I have to remember Journey's End actually happened.

17. StCoop

As opposed to magic universe destroying and restoring cracks, time all happening at once only not really and all of Moffats other crap?

18. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Infinitely, personally I'd take one of Moffat's finales over any of the Series 1-4 finales every time.

19. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I'll take that over "oh shit it's a hojillion Daleks about to destroy Earth" / "oh shit it's a hojillion Daleks and Cybermen about to take over the Earth" / "oh shit it's a hojillion future human robot soccer balls helping the Master take over the earth" / "oh shit Davros and a hojillion Daleks are going to destroy reality" / "oh shit seven billion Masters are bringing back Gallifrey so it can destroy Earth," yes.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

So I guess the reference to the National Gallery confirms Matt's 'paintings' answer to Jonathan Ross. Presumably we will see paintings of the older Doctors there.