Glee - Season Four

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by mswood, Sep 14, 2012.

1. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Oh, no, I hadn't heard that. That's incredibly sad. :(

2. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That's very sad :(

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I stopped watching the show in season 2 when the characters never changed.

The show still sucks. All the new characters are just copies of old ones, it's completely unoriginal and just too stupid for me.

The problem with Kurt is he's a jackass, and then bitches people treat him badly because he's gay. He did sometimes get treated badly because he's gay, but it was mainly because he was a jackass.

4. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't like any of the songs in "Makeover". But it was almost made up for by that very nice little touch during the dinner scene with Rachel and "not"-Phinn. They played "Moon River" in the background during the scene, presumably in honor of Andy Williams. Very sweet.

5. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I didn't like the songs that much, but I loved the New York scenes, the show really has to drop the McKinley setting next season, the only characters left there that I care about are Sam and Blaine and if they bring in more new characters the scenes will suffer from the same problem they had before, too many characters fighting for screentime. Having just Rachel and Kurt plus a few supporting characters in New York works so much better.

I loved Sarah Jessica Parker on the show, but I hope Kurt has a crap idea next week and she tells him, I don't want him to become the Vogue.com wunderkind and her his #1 fan swooning over his genius.

Don't care for the potential Finn/Rachel drama, I hope the next episode starts with Rachel telling him "You left me, I'm dating, deal with it" or with Finn saying "Hi Rachel, where's Kurt, I wanted to surprise him ... are you Rachel's new boyfriend, nice to meet you!"
    Anything but more of the same old angsty relationship crap

6. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

I probably won't watch this season because of last season. That was the season I gave the show to get better or bust.

7. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

You should reconsider, because I think the show has improved and is better than it has been in a long time. Even the McKinley scenes that I'm not too fond of are much better than last year, that they lost so many characters really helps.

8. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

It was always going to happen though. I imagine Rachel/Finn and Kurt/Blaine will break up soon, maybe Brittany/Santana too because they're pushing Brit and Sam together.

I agree with your other points, I did roll my eyes a bit about how Kurt just makes it into Vogue with no trouble.

Once again a week without Tina...

I kinda like the idea of Will going away, it depends on who they get to replace him though. I guess that'll push his wedding to the back end of the season, if it doesn't get renewed in would make a good finale, especially if they got the old regulars to appear.

9. trekmom

trekmom Ensign Red Shirt

I embrace the campy-cheesyness that is Glee. :D Observations:

LOVE Brody (not-Finn). I'm pretty sure I'm having recurring dreams about him.
    Rachel now looks like Lea Michele does whenever she's not playing Rachel.

Love Sue. Love Butt-Chin. I rewound the DVR a few times to catch the Butt-Chin remarks. Love that Sue wrote the recommendation for Will and completely lied and exaggerated on it.

Loved Brittney snuggling up to Sam. Don't love how they turned Sam into an idiot (kinda).

Miss Santana's snarkiness.

Why is Sugar around again? All she does is clap in the background. What's the point?

Need more Emma and Will. Don't like the "bored Will" story line. Emma needs to get pregnant so Will can be happy with the Glee Club the way it is and give up the boredom. If they have a kid, he can focus on that.

10. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Well, i'm eating my words and have broken my vow to be done with the show.. i caught up with the three episodes (basically because a good friend of mine who i fixed u with Glee back in season 1 told me it was actually quite good again).

It is good.. well, not brilliant like season 1 but a definite improvement over season 3. I like that they are using "older" songs a bit more and not rely exclusively on charts music (something i loved in seasons 1 + 2) and i like the new additions to the cast (finally some guys on the show who can actually sing.. Finn/Cory Monteith can't sing to save his life).

If they manage to keep the drama a bit under control and get 1-2 good musical numbers out of each episode i'll stick around. Heck.. it's less than an hour each week to waste and it'll save me the time hunting down the music on Youtube.

And yes.. Kurt making such an impact at Vogue is ridiculous.. we are to believe a high school graduate/intern will impress a professional fashion/style expert so much she puts him in the inner circle after a few days? Weeeell.. it's a TV show.. let's move on.

11. Briquettes

Briquettes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope that there's something more going on like Sarah Jessica Parker's character is insane and about to implode or she will take credit for one of Kurt's ideas and then kick him to the curb.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Hey at least its just Vogue.com.

13. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, SJP's character does not consider herself a manager, but an artist, and is VERY insecure about her ability, identifies with Kurt due to their both being from Ohio, and Kurt does have a good fashion sense--especially compared to the others sitting at the table. I can't even see her character taking credit for Kurt doing well, since she's so nice, but she might since she's so insecure.

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched this episode, and I think I'm ready to see some ulterior motives (From a negative standpoint) in some of these characters. For example, Brody. Who the heck is he and why is he so freaking nice. He just meets Rachael and now they are in love and we have a 3 way relationship triangle thing again? By the way, didn't Finn and Rachael break up in a car before she got on the train headed for New York? It will be interesting to see where this goes in the next few weeks, but I have a suspicion that that so-called relationship breakup is going to get ret-conned. Also, Finn being the one at the door (Not even using spoiler code on this one) was so predictable even I saw it from a mile away and I'm not good at stuff like that.

The other character who I have sneaking suspecion about is SJP's character. How did Kurt go from intern to the creative genious of Vouge.com in like 2 days? It's almost like the plots are moving fast and everything is happening off screen. I understand the need to keep things moving, but don't we need trials and tribulations every so often?

Other than that, I did like the episode and it was better than last week. I can understand Blaine realizing that he is lonely without Kurt but I liked the relationship he and Sam developed. The best story plot point though was Will with the realization of needing a new challenge. That might have been the only realistic thing in the entire episode.

As for the music, it wasn't great, but it was decent. I appreciated giving Britney something a lot different than what she has done even though it wasn't all that great. The song with Brody and Rachael though was pretty good.

15. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Did they seriously just
    break up EVERY SINGLE couple left on Glee and then leave for a four week hiatus?! BTW...I missed the first part of the episode because of The Office (why do networks insist on scheduling my favorite shows at the same time when I can't afford a DVR?) where exactly was Finn if not at boot camp? LA with Puck? Lima? NYC?

16. Nerys Myk

Hiking through Georgia.

17. Briquettes

Briquettes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finn accidentally shot himself during boot camp and got discharged from the Army (I actually knew a guy who did this so it isn't as absurd as it sounds).

As for the episode itself, the individual stories were done well, but I can only handle so much melodrama before I start to tune out. I really enjoyed the music, though.

I know some people might be upset at how things turned out last night, but the writers have been telegraphing this since the end of last season. Besides, high school relationships don't last.

18. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't watched it yet, and also missed a fair bit of season 3. The main reason I watch Glee is for the songs and to be honest most of the plot is to me superfluous fluff at best. Even though I'm gay I'm a bit sick of Kurts "gay" dramas. Also I just never believed the Kurt/Blaine Relationship at all. I actually hoped Kurt would end up with the bully guy who was also gay (who's name I can't remember). Maybe he has and I just haven't watched that episode? To me it seemed almost a foregone conclusion.

But yes I agree with a comment above that the show won't get a fifth season.

19. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Splitting time like they are doing just doesn't work for me. It's not Glee. It's the Rachel show, and everyone else is coming along for a bit part. They were going to spin her off to her own show, and they should have, leaving everyone else to have actual characters.

Who is Eric? That's the boy Blaine cheated with. I'm surprised it wasn't Sebastian.

Let's see if I've got this right ... Will and Emma broke up because he took a job that she encouraged him to get, invited her along, and she didn't want to go? Why are they breaking up again? After everything they went through to get together, THAT is what breaks them up? Not buying it.

Bored with this Kitty, aka Quinn 2.0. She can go already.

The ONE thing Brit had left was Santana. Everything else - she claimed two weeks ago - had been taken from her. Friends, classes, Glee club, Cheerios, etc., so now Santana dumps her? I think they did the Brittany 2.0 episode too early. If they were going to put her in her "rock bottom" place, it would be after she lost everything including her gf. Now what are they going to do with her? She has nothing left.

She'll probably end up pining after Artie again.

20. Nerys Myk

Karofsky joined the Navy and is serving aboard the USS Colorado on ABC's Last Resort. ;)