A really big hole in the universe

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by PurpleBuddha, Jul 13, 2015.

1. { Emilia }

{ Emilia } Cute but deadly Moderator

Then you call it out for its bullshit without attacking the poster personally or you report the post as trolling.

Not rocket science, really.

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

wrong forum, then :p

3. PurpleBuddha

PurpleBuddha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dryson, he never said the big bang didn't occur, and I think if you can read, you must know that, even if you pretend otherwise. He said it never occurred the way you think it did. I didn't occur in one place, it occurred everywhere. Or to look at it another way, 'everywhere' came out of the big bang.

Take a step back and consider your point that the big bang may have caused the huge void in space. How can that make sense? For the big bang to obliterate all the matter in one section of space, the matter and space would already have to be there rather than being created by the big bang.

Even if we go with wild speculation that perhaps there was another universe filled with space/time and matter, and a singularity within that universe expanded giving rise to the universe we now live in, the end result would not be a big void we could see within our universe. Any 'damage' done to the other universe would be beyond our observable horizon. We would not be able to see it.

4. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Is it just me, or did you disprove your own point?

6. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

And not for the first time.

7. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Recursion seems a feature of these threads.

8. Silvercrest

And not for the first time.

Oh, right.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Seriously, though. I'm not the most up-to-date on my astronomy, but the universe doesn't have a definable edge, right? There's a limit to what we've observed, but we haven't actually seen the "edge" of the universe?

10. scotthm

scotthm Vice Admiral Admiral

Good point. Where is the well defined edge of the universe?

---------------

11. PurpleBuddha

Got it. You derailed this thread on purpose. Why? Seriously.

12. Silvercrest

To keep things lively?

13. PurpleBuddha

Who knows. The internet is in no short supply of lively if that is what someone really wants though. :)

14. Silvercrest

Rule of Acquisition #76b: Every once in a while, derail your own argument. It confuses the hell out of your opponent.

15. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I guess we found where the aliens are and they're stealing space itself. Little green jerks.

16. Silvercrest

Rule of Acquisition #1b: Once you have their space/time, never give it back.

17. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

System wide cloaking devices? The ancient intergalactic empire decided to let the other worlds be and hid from all creation?

18. Silvercrest

Don't worry, Dylan will find Tarn Vedra eventually.

19. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

Nothing. The absolute center of nothing. Not even dark matter. But matter that is not normal is possibly present. Exotic matter that when possibly harvested could be used for new engines and fields. If the hole is void of any known matter that we know of there has to be someone influence at work within the void to keep normal matter from flowing into it.

This may sound weird but a few years ago I was practicing Dream Sequencing or training yourself to see a vague rendition of a dream as you are falling asleep. As I drifted off to sleep I thought to myself I wanted to travel through space and see space angels similar to what Anakin had said about Padma looking like a space angel.

As I drifted off to sleep I began dreaming that I was traveling through space and could see stars passing out side of the window. The next scene was inside of the ship which was a small single seater that looked like the interior of an X-wing but more digital in appearance. I then reached for the canopy and opened it up. Something told me that there wasn't any air but I was in a space suit. And no this dream took place before Interstellar. The next frame there was a black sphere on the right hand side and inside of it there were individuals made of bright sun surface light or light that flowed as if it was the surface of the sun. They had large opulent black eyes and were wearing black hoods.

Just thought I would share that with everyone.

20. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

That is a very vivid dream, Dryson, but do you have any proof of it being anything more than a dream fueled by a vivid imagination?