If Voyager had lasted more than 7 seasons...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tribble puncher, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Do you think the original premise of the show would have remained viable? any character changes? promotions? another fed ship shows up but sticks around? (prob. could not have been done due to budget) what would you have liked to see happen had Voyager lasted an additional 7 years?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It took her 21 years to get home, 22 if you count the folded over year of hell.

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Kim and Neelix run off together, Chakotay has his brain switched with an alien which gives him character, Torres dumps Paris, Seven and Janeway finally get married, the Doctor copies himself and Emergency [Department] Holograms pop up all over the ship, and of course Kes returns.

They also lose the magical shuttlecraft elfs and the reset button on Janeway's console breaks.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

ALL very very fine ideas.

Paris would only be seen in his quarters doing child care because his ex was busy in engineering.

Also where do Kim and Neelix run off to?

5. Guy Gardener

A stern bookclub for real men where they recite ballet.

6. Bry_Sinclair

Many thanks :)

Seeing as how Klingon children develop quickly (Alexander) he'd have his hands full, whilst suffering the disdain of two part-Klingon women.

They run off to a graveyard for pointless and/or annoying characters, never to be heard of again :lol:

Either that or the Nude Beach Planet, where they open up a bar on the shorefront.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If the network had their way, the status quo would be maintained for as long as the show aired!

But the idea of a Trek ship with a constantly shifting and evolving cast would be cool. Keep Janeway, the Doc, Seven and Tuvok. Tom and B'elanna decide to settle on some random planet to raise their kid. Harry goes with the cos he loves Tom so much and doesn't want to be Forever Ensign (by this time Naomi is a 13-year-old Lt.). New aliens come on the ship, stay for awhile then go. Chakotay vanishes and nobody notices for three seasons etc etc.

8. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd kind of like to hope they'd send them back to the Alpha Quadrant and make them face all of the changes that took place while they were away (after all, DS9 was gone, so Voyager as a series could have "taken back" the Alpha Quadrant again without stepping on it's big brother's toes). But in my heart of hearts, I know it's more likely we'd just have got more episodes like the ones we already have, followed by Voyager still only just getting home in the final frame of the final episode.

9. heavy lids

heavy lids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I almost wish VOY had 7 more seasons. I always thought the ending to VOY was absolute shit, and to be honest...I never wanted them to make it back to the AQ.

10. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A movie thats all I wanted..

11. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

I think Voyager going back to alpha quadrant, having a 3 ep arc showing the crew dealing with being home, and then kinda going the TNG route might have worked, the story telling would have to Improve dramatically though, regardless of the direction they went...

12. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

A decent Kes come-back.

Maybe in the same way as my story "Coming Home". ;)

13. Guy Gardener

My theory from last week is that Ashes to Ashes was a rejected "Kes Returns" option Jennifer (Or Berman?) passed on which was supposed to be about Neelix and Kes, not Kim and Lyndsay.

You don't think they hamfistedly wooed Jennifer with a single script like it was an ultimatum?

14. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would have liked a season in the Alpha Quadrant, the borg Conduit could have dropped them off 500 light years or so from Earth, this way we could have had interaction with other AQ races, deep space exploration starfleet ships etc, probably it wasn't viable but i would have enjoyed it, if not then as others have said just a season set at home showing them reajusting to post war life in the AQ

15. Guy Gardener

How do you pronounce your name?

"Infernzero?"

Sounds very Italian... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Neelix meets up with Mr. Wildman.

Greskrendrengk: "Sure, I'll arm wrestle you for my wife, but there's no way in hell you're raising my daughter."

Neelix "Too late! They both already call me daddy."

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  16. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, yes, YES! :techman:

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

WHAT! Lynx.. REALLY?!

18. Bry_Sinclair

EWWWWWW!!!!!!!

There is never any need for that! :eek:

19. Guy Gardener

Imagine you're lost at sea.

Perfectly fine, but the wife doesn't know that.

How long till she accepts that you're dead.

Then how long till she replaces you?

So the number in your head is that your wife will be remarried within 4 years, but you won't be home for 70... Do you really have to wait four years till you start screwing around on the person who believes that they are allowed to legally screw around on your ghost?

Beisdes if you're able to think fourthdimensionally, you can start ignoring your vows immediately because there is no force in the universe which will intervene from she signing up to a speed dating event at your local come the 1500 day mark.

Oh.

Or do you mean that Neelix is gross?

20. Bry_Sinclair

The latter :)